Chapter 15 Let it Drift Away

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Fandral asks.

"Yeah, I'll be fine..." I say, "I hate flying."

"Well, after this, you'll never have to fly ever again."

I laugh, "Probably because I'm going to die."

He laughs, "There they are. Hold on."

I close my eyes and hold on to the edge of the ship.

I open them just as a body hits the floor of the ship, I let out a small scream before it turns to confusion.

"I see your time in the dungeons has made you no less graceful, Loki."

My Father and an unconscious Jane board the ship.

"You lied to me." Loki says, "I'm impressed."

"I'm glad you're pleased. Now, do as you promised and take us to your secret pathway."

I hold my hands out, breaking their focus on eachother, "Wait. Since when is he part of this? Why is he not in his cage?"

"Enlighten us with your opinion." Loki mutters from the vessel's control.

"I don't care if you are in control of this damned ship, I will kill you."

"Missed you too."

The ship dips down and veers left and I quickly find a seat and grab the edges of the ship. The ship continues to turn and dip and I squeeze my eyes shut, "I miss Midard. Only one boat flies, and even then you can't feel the thing."

The sound of another vessel approaching catches my attention, but is quickly disregard it because the ship moves again.

"Fandral."

The blonde knight gives a sarcastic nod, "Right... for Asgard!" He leaps off the ship and lands on the one below.

Our vessel turns toward the mountains.

If I weren't so sick to my stomach, I would say some rather nasty things.

"Loki..."

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

"Are you mad?!" I shriek before shutting my eyes.

"Possibly."

I open my eyes as we go through a portal and into the dark world.

"Ta-da!"

The land is familiar, almost terrifyingly familiar.

This is the land of my power. Perhaps my stone returned here. Maybe this is where Malekith found the Aether here, but why would it bond to him? Why would any Infinity Stone bond to him?

"What I could do with the power flowing though those veins." Loki mutters.

"It would consume you." My Father bluntly replies.

"She's holding up alright, for now."

"She's strong in ways you'd never know."

"Say goodbye."

My Father shakes his head in doubt, "Not this day."

"This day the next, a hundred years. It's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you."

"And will that satisfy you?"

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

"I'm here to confirm." I say, looking away from the landscape.