Chapter 16- Destination: Desolation

"You stupid girl! Have you not learned?! You cannot defeat me!" Malekith bellows, sending a small storm of Aether crystals toward me.

I cover my face as they strike, "Have you not learned? I cannot be killed!"

He screams in frustration and sends a wall of power toward me. Delvameg forms into a circular shield and I run into it. The Aether spits as I pass through, and I continue my charge into Malekith.

I hit him with an incredible force and knock us through one of the anomalies.

He falls back and I push off, gathering my footing.

Delvameg quickly forms into a short sword and I swing downward, but he rolls out of the way, and back through another anomaly.

My sword sticks in the ground. I pull the blade out of the dirt and run through the portal. I end up on the brimstones of Nidavellir. The sulfur burns at my lungs and I catch  a glimpse of Malekith as he runs across the stones. He goes flying down the realm, until he hits another convenient piece of the convergence.

As I run after the same spot, I find myself lost in the realm of elves.

I never hit the spot that Malekith hit, nor do I hit another.

I'll hit one eventually, right? They convergence is happening now, surely if I keep running, I'll find another spot.

As my foot slams into the ground, it simultaneously disappears. My arms and legs flail as I attempt to catch myself.

I suddenly hit the cobblestone roads of London.

A car horn rings out behind me and I slam my fist into the front of the car, stopping it.

"What the bloody hell?" The man behind the wheel screams.

"Get back in the car." I say, turning Delvameg into a sword.

He slowly sits back in his seat and closes the door, grumbling.

I run back to the source of Chaos.

The Aether has built a wall, blocking out everything is this world. It blows furiously, creating a cyclone-like barrier.

"Ivanna?!" A doubtful voice calls from behind.

I turn, "Selvig?"

A couple appears behind him, Jane turns to them, "Darcy?"

Selvig turns to the couple as the girl drops the man in her arms, "Ian?"

"Ivanna?" He looks at me.

"Mjolnir!" Darcy screams as the hammer flies past us.

I look back to the Aether storm behind me, "I have to get in there!"

"Ivanna! You can't!"

"If not me; who?" I shout the Aether roaring behind me.

"Me." My Father approaches from behind, he looks at Jane, "Can those things stop it?" He looks at the spikes in Erik's hands.

"Not from here." Erik says, "We can't get close enough."

"I can."

He takes the equipment and runs into the Aether. I cling to Delvameg as the storm fluctuates, growing, but falling, and growing again.

I look up to the nine realms as the aether climbs into the anomalies. I pull the staff close to me, my nerves spiking.

"Darkness returns, have you come to see the end of your universe, Asgardian?" I hear Malekith taunt, although I know that it is not directed at me.