Chapter 24 Until The Last Enemy Is Destroyed

The ground shakes beneath me. The concrete cracks and crumbles. The Sokovian skyline rises and the earth feels unstable.

"Tony? What's going on?" I ask.

"He's created a vibrainium core, it's magnetic, it's holding the ground together..."

"Then why does it feel like it's falling apart?"

"Because the city is flying!" Clint shouts.

"Great! Wonderful!" I say, looking over at one of Ultron's creations, "I hate flying!"

"Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability? You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers; turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing in this world will be metal." Ultron says through all of his bodies, leaving a strange echo behind the trail of words.

The robots turn toward us and begin their attack. It must be all or nothing for Ultron.

A group of them run towards me in an attack, almost surrounding me, but I turn Delvameg into an ax and swing. The curved metal blade chopping through the metal and into the air as they fall.

"Ivanna!" Tony's voice calls through the com, "Vision's down, he burned Ultron out of the net. He's in the church."

The church, 4 blocks forward and two to the right, I can make it. I turn Delvameg into a sword and charge. I have to keep that stone safe. It's the reason I'm here and I refuse to let it fall into the wrong hands again. One of Ultron's copies lands in front of me, ready to fight. I hold my sword up and quickly swing downward, cutting it vertically down the middle.

I keep running, taking down every machine that puts itself in my path.

I reach the church, where Ultron stands over The Vision, "I figured you'd make your way here."

"Congratulations, you can see the future." Delvameg shifts back to a staff.

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you." He says, starting to pace, "You're better than that... above it."

"Like you think you are?"

"We're not so different, you and I, we both have the same mission- seeking peace, but how come we're on opposite sides?"

"I seek peace through words, negotiations, treaties. Using civil means to achieve peace." I follow his steps as he paces, "You are using force and destruction; you are using death to make peace. But tell me, what are you creating peace for? I do it for the lives of people."

"I'm protecting the world! From people! Have you seen what they've done? They kill each other, over what? Beliefs? Different ideas of what god is? Over money! They kill each other over money! They kill each other for no reason! How am I supposed to protect them if they are the threat?" Ultron looks at me with confusion, a pained expression; he wants answers that I can't give him.

"That's not why you were created." I say.

"You're right. I was made to protect the world from people like you." He launches himself at me.

I pull Delvameg off my back and hold it to the sky,

A white light glows around me and throws Ultron back. My armor restores itself, cape and all. I turn Delvameg into a greatsword and get ready to fight.

"You think you're special?" He screams, "You think your magic scares me?" He flies towards me, slamming into me. I throw my sword into his chest, but it barely scrapes the metal away. Of course, he's built a vibrainium body to protect himself. Delvameg slips from my hands and falls onto the ground.