Chapter 20 Party Favors

"So you already know what this thing is capable of, so, can you tell us? Maybe help us out?" Bruce says, playing with the tablets of information sitting around the lab.

"Well, seeing that you are focusing on the Maximoff twins, I'd say it's completely possible. After all, mental manipulation is one of the things it could do. Clint is living evidence of that." I say, pulling up a screen of my own, "However, speed like that... I've never seen anything like that. There was never any sign of physically enhanced attributes."

"Maybe because you're already stronger than any human ever." Tony says, stepping in, "But- I'm sure that's not why you're babysitting me and Dr. Banner."

"You would be correct in that assumption."

"Well, the scepter. You see, we were wondering how Strucker got so inventive. So, I've been analyzing the inside of the gem and you may recognize Jarvis." A large orange holographic model appears in the middle of the floor, "Started out, Jarvis was just a natural language Ui. Now he runs the Iron Legion. He runs more of the business than anyone besides Pepper... Top of the Line."

The holograph begins to move with its' words, "I suspect not for long."

"Meet the competition."

Another holograph, this one being blue appears beside it, this one is much larger, although not superior.

"The stone." I say, hopping off of the counter.

"It's beautiful." Bruce says, starting to circle around it.

"If you had to guess, what's it look like it's doing?"

"Like it's thinking. I mean this could be a... It isn't a human mind..."

"Because it is thinking." I say, "According to Legend, these stones are ingots of an ancient universe. When I first touched this stone... all I could see was destruction, murder, poverty, they were hitting me, like memories, although, they weren't mine."

"So you're saying you know what it is?" Bruce asks, looking back to the holograph.

"I'm saying I know what it can do." I approach the scepter, and the flashes across the hologram go wild.

"What's it doing?"

"Recognition." Tony says.

"Like a dog cast out by his owner, waiting at the place it last remembered, excited by the idea of reuniting." I say, stepping away.

"So why not take it back?"

I look down, "I've already found another stone. I can't absorb the power of more than one stone at a time. And detaching from a stone could prove lethal."

"Oh."

"I'll leave you to your work. I doubt you'll be able to destroy the planet while I'm gone."

"I'm pretty sure she underestimates us." Tony whispers.

I walk back towards my room, but not before Thor can catch up to me.

"Ivanna."

"Thor."

"I know a lot happened after I returned to Midgard."

"Spare me." I groan, "Odin is dead. Frigga is dead. You left. Loki is a prisoner. I am Queen. That is how it is and that is how it will be written."

"Odin is-"

I take a deep breath, "Dead. How? I can only assume one of Loki's tricks. After all, he fooled you into believing that he was Odin. I was the only one who thought of such horrid things; after all, his body was nowhere to be found in the dark world. I had my suspicions, but they were only confirmed by his lack of detail. Sending the soldiers to rebuild the other realms before our own, leaving our people on the streets, ignoring the ravens. I was left alone, and I had to selfishly crown myself."