Part 2 Houston

Houston's POV

I've know Sprite forever, she's my best friend and pretty much my sister. My names Houston Winston I'm 15 years old and my friend Sprite is 14 year old. (The boys are all the same age as in the movie and book;) after she gets hugged by her family it gets really weird for me, she sits on the couch and starts to talk to a bunch of boys, I know all about how they are best friends but basically live there.

I lean against a wall and listen to her talk, soon she notices me, "and this is my friend Houston." She says, every eye in the house turns to looks at me, "she looks like Dally." Two bit laughs, the others nod their head in agreement.

Soon who I assume is Darry asks, "so why are you two here, you aren't in trouble with the law I hope?" He says directing the question towards Sprite, "no we ran away." She says as if it where that easy, "why?" Darry asks, Sprite looks at me and shakes her head, she only made it so I could see no one else, "it's because we wanted to come see you." She says lying quick, "yeah right, why did you actually come?" Darry presses, she doesn't answer and turns her head towards Mickey, he looks at me. I look at the tv to, "why did you come, because they will send people after you?" Darry says louder.

I look at Sprite and she shakes her head no, Darry clearly saw this time, "tell me Houston." He says, I can't tell if there's more panic or anger in his eyes, I look back at Sprite and shake my head yes, "because we had to leave or die, the orphanage was real bad and we always had to steal to get food. One day the cops got us and we had to leave, they won't think of looking here because they are very busy with other crooks." I say as the lie slips out of my mouth.

They all stare at me then I realized my accent came through I have been told I have a strong New York accent, "where are you from?" Steve asks, "she was born in New York." Sprite responds, she knows I don't like my accent and I hate talking when it comes through, they all nod. Soon Darry goes up to bed and some other guy walks in, I'm still standing against the wall. "Who's the broad?" The new guy asks pointing to Sprite then me, I raise my eyebrows at him. Then I remember him from the bar we passed. I can't help but wonder why we looks alike.

"Dally this is our sister Sprite and her friend Houston." Soda says, Dally looks at Sprite then looks me up and down, I couldn't help myself, I say, "for a tire slacker you really look dumb." I look him straight in the eye, Steve and Two Bit crack up. I can see his blood boil, "Dallas don't." Soda says, soon I see an arm coming near me, I grab it and twist it behind him, he pulls out and is about to attack again when Soda stops him. "I'm going get you." He sneers then walks away.

"Come here Houston." Sprite says as she pats the spot next to her, I sit down "Soda says we can sleep on the couch today." I nod and soon Steve and Two Bit leave, Dally glares at me as he walks out. "goodnight, if you need anything come wake me." Soda says, "thank you Soda." Sprite says smirking, "omg I get it now, Soda and Sprite!" I say, they roll their eyes and Soda walks upstairs, "I didn't get that before." I say laughing, Sprite smiles, "thanks for staying with me." She says, "no problem." I say and then I fall straight asleep.