Part 12 this is not goodbye

Sprites POV

I was at home helping the boys with their cuts, we all worried about Pony but Twobit thinks he saw Dally take Pony somewhere. No one was hurt to bad, Soda had a black eye but that's about it.

The house right now smelled of sweaty boys, beer, and skin care things that's I've been putting on the boys cuts to disinfect them. "Can I talk to you?" I hear someone whisper in my ear, I nearly jump when I see Houston standing there. "How long have you been here?" I ask, the tv was playing loudly and the boys were all talking along with the shower I didn't hear her come in.

"Not long, I'm leaving." She says even quieter, "what, why?" I ask a little loud Soda looks at us, "can we talk outside?" She says I nod and we walk outside, me making sure the door doesn't slam behind me "why are you leaving, you can't leave. You have a cast on your arm!?" I say shocked and questioned at the same time, "the hospital probably called my parents I got to leave." She says looking down nodding her head to assure herself this must happen, "what about Dally?" I know Dally wouldn't want her to leave "he told me to tell no one else about us being siblings, he's to embarrassed of me."

I gasp "if anything you should be the mad one, he left you?" I say "oh sh*t." She says lookin right behind me, I turn around to see Soda standing there with his mouth dropped open "how much of this did you hear?" I ask "all of it." He says.

Houston looks at me "April fools!" I say Soda still looks in shock "you Dally's sister?" He asks "no I'm Dally's cousin." Houston says "that's not what you just said." He says Steve comes behind him in the doorway.

"Whatcha guys talking about?" He ask drunk "nothing, go away. Both of you." Houston says letting her mean side come through Steve looks hurt but pulls a confused Soda away, "bye Sprite, enjoy your life." Houston says to me. I feel tears leave my eyes "don't cry, this is for our own good." She says as she moves down she porch steps "do you know where your going?" I ask "I can't tell you" she says.

"What if I need to runaway one time, it would help to have a best friend to run to." I say "I'm going travel the world a bit, I'll write to you." She says by now shes walking backwards down the driveway "bye Sprite." She says one more time "bye Houston." I say as more tears leave my eyes.

I watch her walk away, then I slide down the porch pull beside me and can't help but cry.

Sodas POV

I can't believe Houston is Dally's sister, it makes sense. I walk outside to see my sister crying silently on the porch she didn't even cry when mom and dad died. Her and Darry didn't cry a single tear but now she crying all alone, I walk outside, I know better than to say anything until she's ready. That's how I felt with Sandy so I sat beside Sprite and hugged her.

Sprites POV

Soon Soda came over and sat beside me, he just hugged me which I missed. "Soda, Houston... she gone. She said she had to leave...travel the world." I make out in between my silent cry's, he nods his head.

After awhile Dally and Pony come home Pony sees me and sits on the other side of me, "what happened?" He asks I say nothing "it's Houston isn't it?" Dally says, I feel so mad at him. If he had just said for Houston to live with him or that he's sorry he left she might bot have left but now she is. I stand up Pony and Soda stand up beside me "she did what you did. Left you in the mud, your.." I have to wallow a lump rising in my throat "your just lucky you don't get slapped or beat for being alive. You didn't have the one person you love leave just so then you can get yelled at for being alive, how would you like it if she left you if parents that would kick you until you passed out at the age of 7? Screw you Dallas Winston." I say then storm inside the house.

I went straight to the bathroom, I didn't lock the door but I climbed out the window. I need to be alone and my legs are just moving I don't even know where I'm going.

Soon I come across the lot that we used to play in,

Flashback

Soda threw me the ball, I have butterfingers but somehow I caught this one. I took of running to the touchdown, when Pony tackled me from the side "got you." He says as we sit up I laugh "bet you can't get me another time." I say when a car pulls up beside us "bye kids." Mom yells as it keeps driving she waved to us through the window, even Dally waves back.

Flashback end

That was the last time I saw my parents alive, just a few days after that I was on a train with a scary lady heading for New York.

I lay down on one of the old couch and cry into it, I haven't cried sense the first time I woke up with some scary random guy trying to touch me. Let's just say people would sneak into that orphanage to have fun with the kids.

I must have fell asleep because I woke up with Sodas face next to mine "I've been searching for you." He says it's early morning "is it my turn to make breakfast?" I ask as if last night didn't happen, I have a habit of blocking out the bad memories like last night.

"Yeah, do you feel better?" Soda asks I nod my head and sit up "let's go home, I can see if we have any eggs for vanilla cake." I say smiling "oh how I've missed your vanilla cakes, with the chocolate sauce and sprinkles." He says I smile, I'm really good at making vanilla cakes with strawberries and chocolate sauce.

When we walk in the house I ingore all the stares I got from the people on the couch, I didn't even look to see who was here. I stared to make the cake, once I got it in the oven I went to shower. I came out fully dressed and looked somewhat decent, Two, Pony and Steve were there all watching cartoons, Soda was in his room and Darry must have been to.

I take the cake out of the oven and spread cut up strawberries with chocolate drizzle over it, I cut it up and put 8 pieces on plates then I remembered Johnny and Houston weren't there so I put one piece back. I set the table just as Darry walked in "where were you?" He asks "I was busy. Foods ready!" I yell then I hear the boys shove each other and run for the food.

Soon everyone grabbed a plate and brought it to the other room where the tv is, "none of you guys have forks?" I yell "what are forks?" I hear Two yell back, I laugh and sit down to eat my food. Usually Houston would be here with me, I still haven't seen Dally yet.

Soda probably told everyone or Pony, neither of them can keep a secret. We watched Mickey for awhile, soon most people left but me and Pony watched Mickey and got bonding time.