Part 4 DX?

Houston's POV

After awhile of running we take a rest on a bench outside the DX, "shoot." Sprite says, "what's wrong?" I ask, looking her dead in the eye, "listen." She says and presses a finger to my lips, I listen and hear Sodas voice, and I think Steve's voice. "Well do you think they heard?" He says obviously talking about us, "I don't know, Pony said they were on the porch and my window was open so they could have." Soda says, we can't see but we both know we have to leave.

I look at Sprite and she looks like she's thinking the same thing, because if we get caught then I'm going away while she gets to live her nice happy life with her fam.. family. I should probably tell you guys, let's just say my home life isn't the best, when my brother ran away I don't even remember him but my parents would beat me saying it's all my fault. They would say how I shouldn't have been so ugly and stupid, after quite a few bruises I got smart and started punching back, they got mad and kicked me out. I went to an orphanage made up a fake name and made my best friend. She doesn't even know my real last name.

Enough about me, me and Sprite sprint father away gasping for breath. We finally found a as safe looking alley as we can get. Once I sit down I never want to get up, "how about you go home." I say, Sprite looks as if I just slapped her, "otherwise they will come looking for us, if it's just me they won't care." My idea makes the most sense, she just doesn't want to leave me. "Meet me at that Bucks bar at 9:00, call there an ask for me if you can't make it." I say she nods her head, "ok, it does make the most sense." She looks sad, then I hear a voice calling her name, "go." I say and stand up.

I take off running away form the voice, now where can I find a place to eat. I find a little dinner called the Dingo I walk in and everyone looks so rich, "how may I help you?" A my age sever asks, "food." I reply shooting laser eyes at her, her fake smile fades, "follow me." She says her fake smile returning, I fake smile back and follow her.

She shows me to a seat I sit down and look around, and right in the booth behind me I see Dally with some girl. He glareing daggers at me, and I hear the girl ask, "do you know her?" "Yes, she's the one who slapped me." Dally says, getting madder by the second, I can't help but smirk, "you better apologize to my boyfriend." The girl says turning in her seat to face me, "Dallas are you from New York?" I ask completely changing subject, "yes why?" Dally asks, I was about to answer with some lie until his girl pulled him up and marched him out the door.

The waitress finally came back, "what would you like to order?" She asks with this fake smile on, "I'll take a cheeseburger to go." I answer with my best fake smile. She nods and walks away, the issue is I don't have money so... she brings me my food in a bag with ketchup, "where's you bathroom?" I ask, she looks at me suspicions then points behind her, "over there, lady's on the left." I nod and walk towards it, slipping my sandwich up my jacket.

Once I get in the bathroom I quickly run out with my bag, she yells after me but I don't stop. I find the park from earlier, once I sit on a bench I dig into my food, I hadn't eaten for about 1 and a half days so I was hungry.

Once I finish I chuck my wrapper behind me and start to watch the kids running all over.

Flash back

"Daddy can we go to the playground please, please." 8 year old me says, "no, where's your brother, go ask him you stupid broad." Dad says as he slams the door in my face, I watch his truck leave and run for the playground all alone. Soon a mom sees me all alone, "where's your parents?" She asks, I look at her then say, "frick off, parents are stuipd." Then I run home, the moms eyes brimming with tears.

End of flashback

Tears fill my eyes just thinking about that, only a week in to losing my brother. I don't remember him much but he must have been nice because he would always hang out with me. "You ok." A mom asks holding her kids hand, "I'm fine." I say showing no emotion, "here." She says fishing a water bottle out of her bag, "take this." I try to refuse but she just put it next to me and left.

I take it almost finishing it, then I put the cap back on. I sigh and go back to watching the kids until I passed out cold.

When a wake up I feel someone looking at me, even with my eyes closed I know someone's starring at me. My hand which was resting on my leg because I took up the whole bench slowly made it's way to my back pocket where I felt my switch. I kept my breathing in a pattern and then shot up not evening caring who was watching me and pulled my knife out in front of me.

I saw Dallas look surprised, "well shoot babe, I'm caught." He says, I grab my bag and throw it over one shoulder, "I was wondering, what's you last name?" He asks, it's obvious we look alike, (Dallas looks like Matt Dillion in the movie.) I look like him with the brown, blackish hair and the leather jackets. "My last names, Wilkens." I say as I let my some other girl from the orphanage last name slip out of my mouth.

I can't read his face then he says, "don't lie to me doll face." I turn red, "I'm not lying." I say as I put my switch in my back pocket, "what time is it?" I ask quickly, "about 8:45ish." He's says, that's when I notice how dark it is, thanks goodness it's summer or it would be pitch dark. "Thanks." I say as I start to speed walk to Bucks.

Dallas must have left because I hear nothing now, I sigh and keep walking. I'm can't help but think that Dally's my brother, we look alike, we are both from New York, we both have our last name as Winston. I think he thinks so to but he can't piece it together, he also doesn't know my real last name.

I walk into Bucks a minute early I don't see Sprite yet, shoot I really hope she comes. I don't like jail but at least jail is a place to sleep instead of a park bench. I ordered some beers and gulp the first one down. "Houston?" I hear Sprites voice over the music.