Part 8 Jay moutain

Houston's POV

Soon we get to the mountain, on top of the mountain their is a little wood church that looks abandoned. Scratch that it better be abandoned, "so tired." I say as the boys start to break the boards covering the window.

Me and Sprite watch as the boys climb in first and then I follow, "this is cozy." I say smiling looking at all the cobwebs and the roof that looks like it will cave in.

"Well it's going to be home for who knows how long.." pony says, looking sad "no, we are not going to become sissies. We have to stay strong." I say, Johnny and Pony look away from me and move towards the front of the church.

They both lay down and start to doze off, I look at Sprite and smile. Me and her move to the empty benches which are more comfortable than the floor, and the orphanage beds.

I just can't seem to sleep, images of last night roll through my brain. It's going to be a boring life if I have to stay here for the rest of it.

Soon I must have dozed off because I woke up with Johnny's jacket over top of me. "Hey guys." I say as I sit up, Pony and Sprite are both just sitting on the back steps.

"You sound horrible, go get some water from the well." Sprite remarks, "you really know how to put my self up." I say smiling and moving towards them.

I step over them and head for the well, the water is so refreshing, it's cold and tastes good. I start to walk back to them, "so where's Johnny?" I ask, as I sit a step below them "he went to get supplies. He gave his jacket to me to keep warm and when I woke up I gave it to Sprite and then she gave it to you." Pony finishes, "so we were playing pass the jacket." I say joking.

We sit there in silence, I don't like silence it reminds me of when I would get beat and then thrown in this solitary room. Back at the orphanage, "so Pony you like to read?" I ask, he looks nervous then says "yeah why?" "Do you have a favorite book?" I ask, "I really like... oh gosh that's a hard question." He says thinking, I smile knowing that would be my answer if I was him.

Soon we were all talking about favorite books and worst ones, when I heard a whistle, "shhh." I say putting my finger to my lips, the others heard and Sprite said, "it's the code, we use in our gang." I nod and Pony gets up and starts to run where we heard the whistle.

He trips and lands right in front of Johnny, "fancy meeting you here." He says smiling, "I swear Pony you getting to act more and more like Two but every day." Johnny says also smiling.

"We should get inside, you know what Dally said." Sprite says, looking around "what, the worst that can happen is a dam kid comes up her and we kill him to." I say smiling. Sprite gives me the death glare Johnny looks away and starts to go inside and Pony looks sad.

"Oops sorry." I say recognizing I shouldn't have said that, "when will we be able to joke about this?" I'm seriously wondering if they want me not to make prefect jokes about the murder, sure it's sad but that drunk soc had it coming.

"So what did you get Johnny?" Sprite asks changing topic, we all gather around Johnny as he pulls stuff out of some bags. I get bored quickly and start doing my own searching, "peroxide? What are you thinking we going to get a owie?" I say jokey, pony looks scared, "Johnny you ain't thinking?" He starts but Johnny cuts him off, "we gonna cut our hair and bleach yours and cut the girls."

My eyes go wide, "ain't no f*cling way you touching my hair." I say getting tense, Sprite realizes and says, "did you perhaps get hair pins, I could pin our hair up." She offers, I know Sprite is really good at doing hair she used to do all the girls hair.

"Well shoot I didn't think of that." Johnny says, "but if we get caught the first thing they do is cut your hair." "Well I don't know about you but I ain't planing on getting caught." I say, and start to pace around, "me and Sprite can run into town and get hair pins, we could pin ours and Pony's, Johnny your hair to short to looks good pinned." I say thinking.