Part 6 home sweet home

Houston's POV

Sprite falls and hits the ground with a thud I pick her up bridal style and carry her to the door, I debate knocking or walking in. I decide to knock it's not to late yet, 11:00 maybe? The door opens and I see Soda look at me smiles then look down at Sprite and he looks like he mentally died inside, "can we come in?" I ask after a minute of him staring at his sister.

"Yeah, put her on the couch." He says moving aside, I can't help but notice how Sprite isn't heavy. She used to have issues with not eating but I helped her get through it, she might have started again. "What happened?" Soda says, I sigh "we got jumped and the fuzz showed up, they might have followed us here." I say thinking about how the socs ran so if the police cared they might have followed us.

Soda kneels beside Sprite and checks her over for any big issues, it's just bruises no cut because they didn't pull a blade on her. Thank goodness I'm wearing a black tee shirt or Soda might see blood seeping through, "there were 5 of them." I say as if this matters, he's still checking his sister.

I sit in the chair next to the couch, I know I should go to the bathroom but I just want to sleep.

I wake up when Darry walks down, "what happens?" He asks, I look at my stomach and see blood leaking alon my Jean shorts. "Nothing." I mumble as I walk past him, I find the bathroom and lock the door.

I pull up my shirt and see blood all over i wipe off the blood and see a cut, nothing bad. I'm holding my shirt up with my chin and looks at me cut when Pony walks in, talk about needing a new lock.

"In here." I say shutting the door on him, "what happened?" He asks, "go find your sister." I say avoiding his question, I still can't believe I couldn't beat them up, but I'll get them don't worry. "You need help. You need stitches." Pony says, he must still be outside the door, "I've been through worse kid." I say and get back to work on my stomach. "Darry she needs stitches." Pony says going to the big man, "no I don't, shut your trap." I say, truth is I could use stitches, its not a big cut but it's to big for a bandaid.

"I'm coming in." Darry says and opens the bathroom door, I mean talk about privacy. "Im busy." I say even though he's already in here, "let me help, I'm good at this stuff." He says sounding sincere. I nod simply because if they have stitches they are willing to spare on me I'll take them.

After he finishes he finishes, "you didn't even flinch." "I've been though much worse." I say, then slowly stand up, "how's Sprite doing?" I ask, "she's still out but she didn't get hit bad." He says while walking towards the living room. I see Pony next to Sprite sleeping while Sodas in the chair next to them almost asleep, "everything ok?" He asks, "yeah, go to bed little buddy." Darry says soda rolls his eyes and closes them.

"You can sleep in Pony and Sodas room if you want, or just sleep in my chair." Darry says, I can see he's trying to be nice but I can't help myself, "so when I wake up the cops are here, no thanks." I say, while walking towards the door, he doesn't even try to stop me.

I'm walking down the street thinking about me and Sprite when I see some idiot slashing someone tires with some other guy sneaking up on him. "Hey dumb idiot look up." I say, the guy looks at me then at the other person that was tying to sneak up on him. I can't make out their faces but I can assume they are about to fight, I keep walking while I hear their fight start.

Soon I come across a nice little lot area, I find an old couch and decide to sleep on it.

The blinding light woke me up, I blinked my eyes and saw the sun high in the air. How long was I out? I slowly got up and slowly tried to make my way back to the Curtises house, when I got there I knocked "just come on in, you don't need to knock." I hear Soda yell, I walk in and Sprite sits up and wraps me in a hug.