Part 5 all alone

Sprites POV

I watch as Houston run away form the voice calling me, "who's there?" I ask as I walk out of the alley, I see Soda looking at me "why'd you run off?" I try to think of a lie but I'm not good at lying like Houston is. "We heard you guys, trying to send her away." He looks shocked, "come home, the cops already came and Darry said you guys ran away." I nod and looks at him, I'd be surprised if Houston didn't fall for him.

"You promise?" I ask, I get the feeling Soda won't lie to me "yes." He says, "I have to go back to work, but I can have Two Bit take you home." "I don't need any one to take me home, I'm fine on my own." I say hesitating to say the next part, "as you saw during all those visits, oh wait." I say coldly, he looks shocked at my outburst then sad.

We start to walk back to the DX, once I get there I see Two Bit waiting for us. "Hey ready?" He says looking at me, I nod say bye to Soda and we start to walk back to my house. "So why'd you run?" He asks trying to start a conversation, "they want to take Houston away." I respond coldly, he looks shocked "how old is your friend?" I raise my eyebrows, "to young for you." I respond, he nods I know that's why he was asking.

Technically Houston is just the age to date any of the boys here, she would never do that though. Soon we arrive at my house, "you coming in?" I ask Two Bit as he opens the gate for me, "no, I'll be by later tonight." I nod and walk inside, Pony and Johnny stare at me, "I thought you were leaving for the walk." He says, "I did walk how long did you think it would take? I have to talk to Darry." I say getting straight to subject.

I love Pony but man he's a little annoying now, we are twins but still I feel like I want to punch him. Oh wait did you know we were twins? We look nothing alike with his dark hair and my blonde, I have darker skin to. My skin is tan and sunburnt all over from sleeping on park bench's.

"Darrys at work, he'll be home during his lunch break." Pony says, I nod "I'm guess we can have some bonding time." I say smiling and sitting down beside him, "I've really missed you." Pony says as he pulls me in a hug. I can't help but smile, I feel like all those years I was alone I was cold, and hard, now I feel like nothing can hurt me. Even though I might have to run away with my best friend.

Me Pony and Johnny play a few games and watch the Mickey special, soon I hear Darrys truck pull in the drive way. "He's here." I say, I don't think I realized how angry I was at him until now. "Pony any sign of Sprite?" He asks while coming in the house, "no." Pony says while laughing, Darry looks at me and I shoot daggers at him.

"Where did you go this morning?" He asks crossing his arms, "I went out, with Houston." I say coldly, "where?" Darry asks pressing, "well let's see, we ran off ran into Dally, Houston slapped him, we ran to the DX found Soda, then I got sent home." I say telling the truth, I'm so mad at him. "Where's Houston now?" He asks while looking at the lasers I'm glaring him, "she ran off when she heard you called the cops on her!" I say standing up, "listen you don't know her, the orphanage place says she steals and she checked herself into it." He says as if that makes her an evil person.

"She only got caught stealing because she was trying to take the blame for me, she took food and gave it to me. She kept me alive." I say, tears brining in my eyes, I cant believe Darry right now he used to be so fun and loving. "What's her last name?" He asks, I don't know how to answer because I don't know her last name.

"Her last name is not needed." I say while glaring daggers at him. "Why, she did something so bad you can't tell me?" He says as if this proves his point, "no she haven't told me her last name." I respond telling the truth, "why, aren't you guys best friends?" He says as if this finishes our argument, "yes we are, but.... You know what it's none of your business, so get the F away and let us play our game." I say sitting down and grabbing cards while Pony and Johnny follow.