Chapter 13: You against Me

Chapter 13
You against me...

Veer made his way towards the Singhania Mansion...

Veer stopped short at the threshold, closed his eyes, clenched his fists chanting and the naag netras Bani had placed over the Mansion to keep an eye on everything got clouded...

Whistling he walked inside and heard arguments coming fromhis father's study...

Rolling his eyes at his father's theatrics he plopped himself on the couch...

The man would make an excellent center piece in a daily soap...

Where he would appear once in a blue moon and they would zoom in on his ott expressions whenever big revelations are made...

Suddenly the door burst open and his father, uncle and two brothers walked out, his father still screaming at the others...

Veer clicked his tongue...too much talk...

"Finally the wayward cheelom ka Rajkumar returns from his "Honeymoon"..."
His father spat angrily seeing Veer...

"You are a freaking cheel damn it...And that woman is ruining you and turning you into her lap dog..."
He shouted at him...

"Is that why you sent people to kill her...?"
Veer asked in a disinterested voice tapping his fingers on the armrest of the couch...

"WHAT....?what are you saying Veer...?"
Pawan asked Veer as Balwant looked on cautiously...

"You are a fool, father..."
Veer said with a smirk while staring ahead not even bothering to look at the buffoons...

"Veer...you might have misunderstood...we..."
Pawan said to him stuttering...

"Oh don't look at Tapish Bhai...he is too scared of you to attempt to tell me anything like that..."
Veer said out loud...

"And Monil and Ponky...?like really Dad...?"
He asked turning to look straight at his father...

"Tsk...tsk...tsk...You delivered the deer with broken legs right to the cave of a starved lion..."
He added...

"I don't know what you are talking about..."
Balwant said seriously..

Veer chuckled...
"You really are getting old aren't you...let me jog your memory...you sent Ponky and Monil to kill Bani and frame the murder on those stinky naags making me go insane in rage and destroy the naag kingdom...while you try to steal the naagmani..."

"How am I doing so far, dad...?"
He asked raising his eyebrows at Balwant...

"Fine...I sent them...Atleast that way you would come to your senses...Varna you are thinking with your lower part of the body na...Torn between that weak human wife of yours and that Aadi Naagin...while we do everything..."
Balwant snapped at him...

Veer chuckled leaning back against the couch and sighed in a relaxed manner...

"What good did it come with your "hard work" by the way...?"
Veer mocked...

"I poisoned the Aadi naagin...She is as good as dead now...its just a matter of hours at maximum a day...and after that her kingdom will be at our disposal...we will be able to destroy the entire kingdom and take the naagmani..."
Balwant said to him...

"Like how you took the Naagmani from the ashes of the naag kingdom in satyug...?"
Veer asked him mockingly...

"Are you really that foolish, Dad...?Do you really think they will put a direction sign to where the naagmani is...?"
He asked with a frown...