𝐓𝐖𝐎

WARNING: 18+ Minors DNI

JAMES BARNES

Blood splatters on the ground as my tattooed fist connects with a jawbone.

    "I-I told you everything!" The man in the chair in front of me screams, wincing as I move my fist towards him again. Knuckles meeting bone once again, the loud crunch filling the ears of those in the office.

    I let out a slow bellowed laugh as I see him continue to watch my movements, flinching at every minuscule gesture my body makes. Like a predatory animal stalking its prey.

We were situated in my office, the walls a marble grey with shiny mahogany furnishing occupying the room. A few of my men were standing by in the event I needed their assistance. My head bodyguard, Costel, a few feet behind me was surveying our quisling and his every move.

"I-I swear, I'm telling you the truth," The man seated in front of me screams again, his words jumbled with the mixture of the blood in his mouth. I shake my fist, the golden rings on my right hand, wrapped around my thumb and middle finger glistening under the overhead lights.

I shake my head and throw another punch. "You're not telling us enough," I confess. If I have to leave this man, scratch that, this traitor in a bloody mess then so be it. I will not jeopardize my business for a useless soul like his.

His sobs break through the silence after my punch and I lean over his chair, my hands grabbing the armrests of the burgundy-colored clothed chair. One of my favorite chairs for my guests, full of this prick's blood.

"I s-swear," the man continues to beg through bloodied whimpers and bloodshot eyes. He knew if he didn't confess soon, he would never see the outside of this office again. He wasn't going to anyway, but he didn't know that.

Our faces are close, my breathing causing the front hairs in his face to blow away softly. I can feel the heat in my body increase as I rack my brain for further interrogation questions. He's not willing to break. If I need to kill him, so be it, but I'd like to gather some kind of intel.

"We found you in Boston. We know you met up with the Rogers Mafia. I know you met up with him. You wanna know how?" My grip on the chair's armrests grow tighter and he squints his eyes slowly, his breathing quickening again at the hostility in my voice.

"Mr. Barnes, I told you I have family there. I would never betray you," He confesses, throwing his head down in defeat.

But I don't buy this sob story. I grab his chin with a firm grasp and pull his face upwards to look at me dead in the eyes. I can sense his fear and I can sense that my once steel blue eyes are darkened with rage to an almost pitch-black color. I've been told when I'm at my furious breaking point, my eyes become almost unrecognizable.