𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

JAMES BARNES

JAMES BARNES

-before calling Máximos Castillo-

    All I can picture in my mind is Sofía Castillo. Her daring eyes, long dark hair, and that fucking dress she was wearing today.

    It's not like me to think this way of (possible) business partners, but then again the majority of the businesses that are working with my mafia are led by men.

    Alas, I want to work with her and get to know her. Whatever it takes, I'll do it. Meeting her this afternoon made me rethink the whole partnership with Máximos Castillo. He made his own daughter come to the meeting... that was not something I wanted in a business partner. There were definitely some problems within their family dynamic that weren't being shown, but I did not have the time to dig further into it.

    I did not want to work with Máximos Castillo if it meant he would bring other people into the meetings and hide away in his castle. With a quick google search of translations, I found out that their last name literally means castle. How fitting.

    Sofía deserves a better king than what her father represents. He is a coward and she took control of the meeting the moment she stepped into my conference room. I liked it and I wanted more.

    It was a couple of hours later that I finally had the chance to sit down and read the folder of terms from Máximos and found some that I could work with and some that I couldn't. I would not be opposed to just sticking to our own avenues in our countries, but something in me wanted to have control over everything.

My father always prepped me to build my empire and make sure it remained mine. Having a connection to the cartel meant I would have to learn to work with them and not be their boss. The thought of having to work with Máximos Castillo did not sit well with me.

So, I picked up my office phone and dialed the number listed in the folder in the event I had any further questions to discuss with Máximos Castillo. After a few rings, he picks up.

"Mr. Castillo, I hope this isn't too late to call. This is James Barnes," I say swiftly into the phone. I can hear his breathing and know that he is listening intently.

"I have a proposition that I hope you agree with. I don't want to work with you, Máximos. I think we both know that Sofía was at this meeting for a reason. I would like to meet again this week."

"Of course, we can make that happen," Máximos finally responds. I let out the faintest smile from my lips and continued.

"Perfect. I look forward to meeting with her, Mr. Castillo." I replied.

"She will gladly meet you this week," Máximos responds gleefully. I hang up the call and lean back in the leather chair and smile.

If things go according to plan, I'll have an empire of not just my father's mafia, but a cartel under my wing. Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanov have no idea what's coming for them.