𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

WARNING: 18+ Minors DNI

JAMES BARNES

We arrive at a similar warehouse to the one I've been to with Sam and Sofía and her father when we met with the workers who discussed transportation with us. This is a little smaller compared to that one. The only ones inside the dark building are Steve and Miguel.

I was almost expecting other guards or workers to be surveying the perimeter of the building but I had to remind myself that Miguel had yet to get any connections to get workers.

Sofía had to push for it to just be the three of us at the meeting and no one else. We wanted to be civil and not bring any other guards if it wasn't needed, but I was hesitant. Steve is a kettle and I didn't want his already simmering water to boil and burst. I can't let that happen with Sofía in the room.

Although Rogelio said he'd drive by within half an hour if he didn't get an update from either of us, I knew he'd be around just to be safe.

They're waiting for us with a single table in the whole warehouse. It looks pathetic and I try to hide my chuckle as we step inside. Steve is in his usual black suit and tie. I decided on a nice navy blue suit with a lighter blue button down that matches the color of sofía's eyes. She's wearing a gorgeous white dress with blue details that make her tan skin and blue eyes pop.

Sofía's hand is held tightly in mine and she squeezes my hand, causing me to look at her and give her a warm smile.

Sam is trailing behind us and whenever I turn my head to make sure he's still behind us, I can see his neck turning everywhere to survey the inside of the building and make sure we're good.

I wouldn't expect Miguel to actually hurt his cousin, but with the circumstance we can never tell. And I don't want to chance it.

"You're here," Steve calls out as he claps his hands, the sounds echoing throughout the room.

"Steven," Sofía breathes out as we near them. She stands tall next to me and lifts her chin as her gaze falls on her cousin. "Primo."

Miguel is decked out in a fancy cream suit and white button down underneath. His hair is slicked back and his eyes dart from his cousin to me. Once they land on me they turn to thin slits and I can just imagine the thoughts running through his mind.

And they all end with him laying a hand on me. I can only think of one way the outcome would be if he laid a hand on me or Sofía.

Family doesn't mean shit when they hurt you, infiltrate your father's business and puts aside all respect. That's exactly what Miguel is doing and I have no remorse in how today may end.

"I'm glad you could meet us," Miguel starts as he waves us closer and gestures to the five seats surrounding the table. I finally noticed a few black folders. They're closed so we can't see what the contents might be.