Chapter 27

- Lorenzo's POV -

Four months later

I remember the night of the yearly ball I hosted. It was the only day of the year all mafias can come together without killing each other despise the hatred they felt among one another. It was a day of peace.

I entered and not even being in my ballroom for five minutes Sergio came rushing to me like he's seen a ghost. He pointed in Isabella's direction and my heart drops not because of how stunning she looked in her red gown but because I was amazed how much she resembled Camilla.

It was a dream but my worst nightmare because I knew she was dead. I saw her die and having a woman who looked so much like her, made my stomach turn. Since that night I was determined on making her mine. I wanted her all to myself just so I can have the comfort of a face so familiar.

I didn't care about getting along with her or even getting to know her because I assumed she was another whore. I've had women throw themselves at me, I called them whores and sluts until Isabella corrected me but that's what they were. They were women who slept around with not a single drop of self-respect.

It wasn't until I greeted myself to Isabella that I figured out she wasn't the woman I usually had. If anything she could care less of who I am and disrespected me like I was the gum under her shoe. She was violent, strong, and independent with a pretty face. It's something rare for a woman to be anything like that in the world I'm associated with.

I began noticing her everywhere and I was convinced that she was sent to kill me so every time we ever caught each other alone we fought. We fought without a care of what we were doing to each other. I thought she was a part of The Snipers but it wouldn't have made sense if she helped attack them the night of the ball so it confused me.

It was weird how easily I grew hatred towards her when all I did was crave her. I had Mauricio do a background check and he found nothing on her. I was convinced she was a rare badass that I honestly liked too much. I liked when she disrespected and threatened me for some odd reason.

I suspected her of being a part of The Snipers once again when I saw her giving Francisco a lap dance at my club. That night I had her drugged and kidnapped because if she was a threat she had to be handled. I didn't know if he prepared everything in some psychotic plan but I was wrong. She was telling the truth and I believed her not because I wanted to but because when I looked at her I saw someone else. A person who I knew wouldn't lie to me.

Francisco has always been a threat to my mafia. I betrayed him for my good and war played out but it finished with the love of my life getting raped and killed. I watched the same hands grope and kill the woman I loved touching bella and I wanted to make sure it was the last. So the night he sent his men to attempt to kill us on the freeway I had the perfect opportunity and took it. I killed him to protect her.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to Isabella by her looks. Specifically, because she looked just like the woman I loved. I know I originally fell for Isabella because she reminded me so much of Camilla. I did recreate memories I had with her and we did do very similar things but I slowly was starting to fall for her. For the actual her.

We've spent time together and I got to know her personality and I was so caught up with Camilla clouding my mind and what I tried to see her as. I tried fitting small things she did and say 'oh that's what Camilla did' so I can believe they were so much alike when they weren't.