xii. knives against fists

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

...

AS FRIGHTENING AS HER opponent looked, Percy wasn't scared in the slightest. Her knives were her gods, and she prayed to them every night as she sharpened their power until they could pierce an angel.

She could hear the sound of her prey's bare feet padding along the plank to the platform, exciting her to her core for the ass kicking she was about to give.

"Lets determine a method of combat. My choice: deathmatch." The large man proposed. Percy smirked.

"I was hoping you'd say that."

Gasps were heard from behind her. Tonpa groaned, "She should have let me go!"

"She doesn't know what she's doing!" Leorio exclaimed. Killua merely shook his head.

"Yeah she does. She knows exactly what she's doing." He spoke with a knowing smile.

"You're a brave little girl, I'll give you that." He prepared himself into a fighting stance. Percy grinned, getting bubbly inside at the compliment. He didn't know what was coming. She reached up to make it look as though she was itching her nape. "Begin!"

But instead, she gripped the knife strapped there between her fingers, and threw it towards him faster than the eye could see. As expected, the dagger plunged into his throat, causing his eyes to bulge with shock. Blood spilt down his front and he attempted to gargle out incoherent words. His hands flew to his neck, choked gasps leaving his mouth as he struggled for air. He itched at the blade, tugging it out and tossing it to the side. Blood pooled around him as he spit the red liquid from his mouth.

He fell to the ground with a painful moan. Percy let out a little laugh at his pathetic-ness, striding to her trusted weapon and spinning it around in her fingers. She swung a leg over the man's body, leaning down to rip a piece of his shirt off. She used the fabric to wipe the blood from her knife.

"I was hoping for more of a fight." She frowned, swinging her blade around and sheathing it back into its holster. "You don't always get what you want though, huh?"

Unbeknownst to her, Killua was looking at her as though she was the Goddess Persephone in front of him herself. He was looking at her as if she glowed sunlight and flower petals fell behind her as she walked.

She was so... intriguing. She didn't seem to care for who lives or dies, nor collateral damage that came with her actions. She must've been crazy.