Chapter Thrity Three: Girl Meets Feeling Nervous.

Maya's POV:

"How is it that I have so many clothes but nothing to wear?" I ask in frustration.

I'm currently seated on the floor of my bedroom surrounded by my complete wardrobe scattered on the ground. I've been looking for twenty minutes now and there's still no luck. Lucas and I have to meet Zay in less than an hour and I still have nothing to wear.

Why did I even say yes to go to this party in the first place?

I let out a groan in frustration and that's when Lucas walks over to me.

He bends down and places a simple kiss on my forehead before grabbing an arm full of clothes. He walks it over to my bed and begins to fold each article of clothing.

My heart simply melts.

I don't deserve him.

"Why don't you wear the dress you had on for our first date?" Lucas suggests.

Honestly I did think of that but I'm not in the mood to wear a dress. Sometimes they can be too much hassle. I don't want to have to worry about the way I'm sitting or dancing. I want to be free but also look cute.

Is that too much to ask for?

"I don't want to wear a dress." I whine.

I take a deep breath to try and calm my nerves. Lucas has been nothing but helpful and here I am throwing a tantrum over an outfit. I get up from the floor and walk over to him. Lucas is still in the process of folding my clothes. Without warning, I wrap my arms around his waist and hug Lucas from behind.

"I'm sorry for being so difficult." I say though it comes out somewhat muffled with my cheek being pressed up against his broad back.

Lucas take a moment before he turns around to face me.

He looks down at me with a loving look in his eyes. And just like that Lucas wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up. My legs place themselves around his hips and my arms around his shoulders.

Butterflies erupt in my stomach due to his gesture and a blush takes over my cheeks.

"I was thinking, why don't you wear that top I picked out for you last month?" Immediately my eyes widen at his words.

I squeal excitedly at the idea of an outfit. And I know exactly what I want to pair that cute top with.

"Thank you baby. I have the perfect idea for an outfit." I exclaim and place a passionate kiss on his lips.

I jump out of his arms and run out the room as fast as my legs will carry me. I hear Lucas let out a chuckle as I leave.

He must think I'm crazy.

By the time I'm completely ready, Lucas and I leave my apartment with only two minutes to spare.

Thankfully we made it minutes before Zay. I would've felt awful if we had been waiting on us. Lucas and I are still sitting in his mom's until Zay arrives. We told each other we weren't going on unless everyone was present.

"Are you excited for the party?" Lucas asks me but if I'm being honest my stomach is currently in knots.

It's not that I'm not happy to be going to a party with him, I'm just curious as to how everything is going to play out. We aren't officially together and I know lots of girls find Lucas attractive. Are they gonna hit on him right in front of me?