Chapter Twelve: Girl Meets A Night Out.

Maya's POV:

"Maya what do you think about sex?"  My eyes widen in shock and I almost choke on the water I'm drinking, because of Riley's question.

"W-what? Why are you asking me this?" I question her. Riley has never spoken about sex before. The only time she did was when her parents give her the talk. She called me immediately after completely modified.

"I don't know... I was just thinking about maybe losing my vir-" Instantly my hand goes over her month, stopping her from further speaking.

"Riley are you crazy? You do know we're sitting right in front of your father's classroom?" I whisper rather harshly. But Riley just pushes my hand away from her mouth.

In all honesty, as her best friend I can completely guarantee that Riley isn't ready for sex. She hasn't mentioned it before and she's just too innocent to be doing that right now. Even before everything that happened with James, I wasn't ready either. And if I wasn't, I know for damn sure neither is Riley.

Where could she have come up with this idea?

"Maya you're being paranoid." She chuckles lightly.

"Riley where did this idea come from? You've never mentioned this before." She sighs before answering the question.

"I've just been thinking of what I can do to make Lucas and I how we used to be. And then Missy said tha-" I don't let her continue as I am very quick to interrupt her.

"And you listened to that bitch?"

"Maya! Don't be so harsh." Her eyes widen at my words before she slightly scolds me.

"Riley you know she's always had it out for you. Not to mention she takes every opportunity she can to try and steal Lucas away from you." I roll my eyes at her.

I love Riley but she needs to realize that not everyone has her best interest at heart. Missy has done nothing but make her life harder, miserable even. I'm surprised to see how easily Riley got influenced by Missy.

Riley looks at me slightly disappointed by my words. She shakes her head at me before grabbing ahold of my hand and placing it into hers.

"Look Maya, this is what I want. If it means fixing what's wrong in my relationship then I would gladly do this. I just want my Lucas back." I look at Riley and her eyes tell me how badly she wants things to work out with him. She seems almost desperate and it's a sight that hurts my heart.

"Riley are you ready for this? Emotionally, physically and mentally? If you tell me that you are honestly 100% ready, then I won't stop you. But this is a big deal. This is your first time and it shouldn't be because you think it will salvage your relationship." I try my best to make Riley understand how important this really is.

"Maya I get you want to help but I know what I'm doing. It's my choice and it doesn't matter if I'm ready or not. I'm going to do this. You never had a boyfriend so I wouldn't expect you to understand." I stare at Riley completely shocked and taken back at the words that came out of her mouth.

"Wow Riles, all I'm trying to do is be your best friend. I don't want you to regret doing this." I tell her sincerely but all she does is roll her eyes.

"Are you sure this is all that's about? Or are you mad that I'm going to be the one with Lucas is that kind of way. Do you still like him Maya?" She questions and I can't help but feel completely hurt. I give her a disappointing look before I grab all of my belongings and move to stand up.

"If you really have to ask that then you aren't the person I thought you were." I don't give her the chance to respond before I turn away from her and walk away.