Chapter Thirty: Girl Meets Sleepover Part Two.

Maya's POV:

Its been two hours since Lucas left the bedroom. I tried to message him but he hasn't responded back. I heard him talking to the twins a little awhile ago and I didn't want to go out there and make anything worse.

We've had disagreements before but something about this just feels different and I don't like that.

I don't want to do anything to disrespect what Lucas and I have but things are very unclear. I don't want to be entertaining other guys but at the same time I don't know what to say if someone were to come up to me. I can't say I'm in a relationship because that isn't true.

I can't sleep knowing Lucas and I aren't on good terms. Before I can stop myself, my feet are carrying me off the bed and out the door. I tiptoe into the living in search of Lucas. Instantly I see him spiralled out on the couch.

I take a deep breath before approaching him. I know he's asleep because of the light snores escaping his lips.

My hand gently places itself on his shoulder.

I contemplate whether or not I should wake him up right now. Even though I really want to get things sorted with him, it's a bit selfish to wake him from his sleep.

I retract my hand quickly. Just when I'm about to leave I hear Huckleberry's raspy voice.

"Maya?" He calls out.

I guess it's not late for that.

"Hey... I didn't mean to wake you." I seat on my knees next to the couch so that we're at the same level.

There's a tension filled silence between the two of us. I knew coming out here was a bad idea. I guess Lucas isn't ready to talk things through or he's just too tired right now.

"I'll let you get back to sleep." I stand up hoping to hear Lucas object but he doesn't say a word.

When I begin to walk away from him, that's when Lucas grabs a hold of my wrist to stop me from going any further.

"Come here." That's all I needed to hear for me to turn back around.

Lucas lifts up the blanket that's wrapped around him, indicating for me to lie down with him. The couch isn't that spacious so I'm literally halfway on top of him, cuddled at his side.

"Are you still mad at me?" I question as his hold around me tightens.

"Yes." I look up at him and see that his eyes are still closed.

"Then why invite me to lie here?" Lucas lets out a huff of air, growing annoyed at my questions.

"Because I missed you. Now go to sleep." I don't bother replying back to him.

I know we have a lot to discuss in the morning, but I'm just going to enjoy this moment with Lucas. Even though there's much going on, I can't deny the flutter my heart did when he told me that he missed me.

It's only been a couple hours since he walked out the bedroom.

I try my best to fall asleep but it takes awhile for my eyelids to get heavy. My mind has been racing with so many thoughts for the last few hours, it took time for me to put it at ease. Right when I feel I'm able to fall into a deep slumber, I start to feel Lucas moving around from beneath me.

"Baby are you awake?" Lucas whispers softly.

"Yeah." I reply but let out a yawn right after.

"Do you want to move to the bed? The twins are gonna wake up to see us together on the couch." I nod my head and get up from on top of Lucas.