Chapter Twenty Five: Girl Meets The Hidden Truth.

Maya's POV:

What the hell is Riley doing here at my door?

"Hi Maya. Having fun with my sloppy seconds?" Riley smirks while sending me an innocent look.

"What do you want?" I question completely uninterested in why she interrupted what could've been a magical moment between Lucas and I.

"I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas." Though her words are kind, her tone is the complete opposite.

"So how is Lucas holding up? I never knew how one kiss can get him so upset." Riley smirks while recalling the events that happened earlier tonight.

She really orchestrated that whole scene just to get a ride out of Lucas?

I would love to tell her how her plan completely backfired and that it brought Lucas and I closer together. But I'd never stoop to her level.

"He really didn't seemed that bothered." I say lightly and give her the similar look she's been given me.

"Glad to hear. By the way can you tell Lucas I said thank you for meeting me on the roof the other day? I would tell you what happened but I don't kiss and tell." Her seemingly innocent words cause my heart to ache. I stand there completely still unable to believe what she just said.

"Goodnight Riley." I spit out before closing the door in her face.

She had to be lying right?

Her and Lucas wouldn't have kissed.

He wouldn't have even met her without telling me.

This better be some big lie. I don't know what I'd do if it truly happened.

How can Lucas look me in the eye and try to kiss me if he has been doing the same thing with Riley?

There's too much going on in my head at the moment and I can't process anything. I need to know the truth. No matter how badly it'll hurt.

I walk back into my bedroom with a heavy heart. I see Lucas spiralled out on my bed laughing at something stupid Dwight said.

If the situation were different, I would be noticing how cute he looks when he laughs...

But this isn't the time for that.

"So who was at the door?" Lucas questions after his laughter has died down.

Well here going nothing...

"Your ex girlfriend. She wanted to know how hurt you were by that kiss she shared with another guy." I speak slowly trying my best to analyze his reaction.

"Really? Well she must have left disappointed." He responds somewhat satisfied himself.

"Actually she left feeling accomplished." Lucas looks over at me confused. He proceeds to pause the show and get up from my bed.

"Meaning?" He questions while taking a step closer to me.

"Did you meet her on the roof?" I ask and once the words leave my lips you can see all the colour drain from his face.

This causes my heart to fall into the pit of my stomach.

Does that mean he kissed her too?

"Look Maya I can explain. It's not what you think-" Lucas reaches out to grab a hold of me but I step away from his embrace.

I don't want his hands on me right now.

"So you lied to me? Why didn't you tell me you met up with her?"