Chapter One : Girl Meets Second Day of Senior Year.

Maya's POV:

I need an escape.

I need a distraction, something to stop my mind from filling with unwanted thoughts that I can't seem to push away anymore. I wanted to forget about every and anything, even if it only was for a minute, I desired to escape my thoughts. And luckly for me I'm at just the place to do so.

I look around the house to see fifty or so people crowding the living room. The loud and annoying music is causing my ears to ring and head to pound but I don't mind, I'm used to it. The smell of sweat, sex and alcohol fills my nostrils as I push past numerous people in attempt to get to the kitchen.

I need a drink.

My eyes kept on wanting to wonder, thinking that I'll recognize someone here at this party, someone I'd rather not see here.

Hardly anyone knew where I was tonight and what I was up too because one, it wasn't their business what I choose to do on a Wednesday night and two I didn't want anyone to be worried or concerned about me.

Apparently, this party was to celebrate getting through first day of school. Some people will just find any excuse to throw a party. Well I'm not one to talk since I'm here attending it.

Just as I push past what seems to be the hundredth person, I finally lay eyes on a familiar face. A smile instantly graces my lips as I look down and see an extra red solo cup in their hand.

"My hero." I yell over the music as I bring the cup up to my lips and take a sip of the bitter but satisfyingly cold cup of beer.

"What kind of person would I be to deny Maya Hart a drink?" Josh smirks as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to him.

"Everyone's in the basement if you wanna join us." He leans in to tell me as his lips brushed against my ear. I can feel my heart beating harder against my chest and all I do is just nod my head yes.

Josh guides us, with me still under his arm, past the multiple amount of people and to a white painted door where I'm guessing leads to the basement.

Once we make it down there the music starts to fade out making it easier to hear everyone now. There's a group of people of whom some look familiar and others like conplete strangers, with Josh guiding me, he leads us to said group of teens.

We both sit down next to each other in the carpeted floor just before Josh introduces me to the few unfamiliar people in this small group of teens.

"For those of you who don't know this is the famous Maya Hart." Josh smirks as he once again throws his arm around me, something I won't be complaning about.

I look over to the two guys who I don't know only now realizing how much they look alike.

They're twins.

"On the right is Andrew and on the left is Nicholas but everyone calls them Drew and Nick." Now looking at both Nick and Drew it isn't very easy to tell them apart. They both have the same almond shaped light brown eyes, same button nose and a man bun hair style.  However, Nick has a birthmark by his nose that Drew doesn't have... Well I guess I'll be able to tell them apart now.

"Since we're all acquainted I guess now we can start the very cliché but never boring game of truth or dare." From the corner of my eyes I can see Josh looking down at me with an almost evil smirk on his lips after announcing what game we'd be playing.

"I already know I'll have a hard time waking up for school tomorrow morning." I say under my breath feeling somewhat nervous yet still very excited.