Chapter two | part two

The redhead just keeps staring at your hands. "Please leave Natasha!" you plead, "I don't want to hurt you, or anyone for that matter." you try to control the fire burning inside you. You've had this power since you were thirteen, but you never learned how to properly use it. Especially after the accident. You didn't even try to control it because honestly you were, and still are too afraid. "Y/N, calm down. I'm not going anywhere. Do you know how to control it?" she asks, her voice so soft and sweet, kind of like honey. You shake your head, looking to the ground. "No, I never learned how to do so." you sigh, trying to stop the tears from falling. "That's no problem. We can help you learn. Especially Wanda I'd say. You two are close, right?" She gives you her usual half smirk. "Yes, I'm sorry. I don't want to drag her into this. Like you said, I'm bad influence." You can hear a soft sigh. Your skin feels hot, like it's burning, and sweat drips down your forehead. "I, I didn't mean that. I'm sorry." Your eyes are glowing too now, small flames erupting from your hands. "I'm sorry doesn't cut it Natasha! Do you even know how that feels? To cry yourself to sleep every night? Yeah right of course you don't. You're as emotionless as a rock." You spit out. It's not you talking, its the rage fuelled by your powers, even though there is some truth to it. But instead of arguing the assasin just agress with you.
"You're right. A sorry doesn't cut it." Her eyes are more distand than before, "But I do know that feeling and I truly regret inflicting these emotions on you." There's a tear brimming in the corner of your eyes now, and the spy knows that you're deeply upset. She takes a step in ur direction and as she does the flames in your hands grow bigger. "Don't Nat. I'm just going to hurt you. I always hurt everyone, even my family. I hurt them all." She looks at you, and for a moment you think you can see confusion in her eyes. "Your family?" her voice is low and soft but still steady. You nod, your cheeks now stained from your tears and your eyes glowing in a golden tone. Nat takes another two small steps towards you, so that she is now standing right in front of your bed. She kneels down in front of you and puts her and on your thigh. "You can tell me. It's okay. I bet I've done worse." She chuckles at the last part of her sentence. "After all I am the Black Widow." You nod your head, contemplating your options.
"It happened shortly before my mom moved us to the US. I had a family, you know? My dad, god I loved my dad. He would always come home from work and play with us or watch a movie. No matter how tired and worn out he was." Natasha listens to you, not wanting to interrupt. She softly squeezes your thigh in reassurance. "We had this game where he pretended to be a tickle-monster." You laugh at the memory. "And my brother, my baby brother He was only 10. He was happy, always cheered me up on a bad day. We were inseperable, where he went I went, when I slept he slept and so on. And my mom," you gulp, "She used to be such a good mom. She used to love me. She hugged me, cared for me. Always made sure I'm good. But I destroyed that, all of it." The spy looked at you, question marks written all over her face.
" As you just saw, I can cause fire with my hands or well body. I don't know what exactly I'm capable of." , you tell her honestly, "But one night when I found out we were going to move I got really really emotional. So emotional in fact, that I had started a huge fire. My Dad, he died in that fire shortly after he told me to go get my brother. I did. I just ran and left him there. And then Carter and I, we waited. The EMT's came and so did the firetrucks and not much later our mom too. Carter, he seemed fine. But there was too much smoke in his lungs." A sob escaped your lips.
"You don have to tell me. It's fine if you don't want to." Her voice was calming. "But I do. I need to tell someone I think. Anyway, he died a few days later. My mom was devastated. So was I.  And i felt so so guilty. I told her what happened. At first, of course, she didn't believe me. But at some point I was able to create little flames in my palm. I thought she would comfort me, but she didn't. She blamed me, still does. And to be honest, I do too. Who wouldn't? Ever since then she- You know that doesn't matter. She just hates me. And she made sure to show me every second of every day. But please Nat- asha," she smiled at you saving yourself from the slip, "Don't tell them."
She smiled. The first real smile you have seen from her. It was a sad smile, but it seemed to be real. "I'm sorry. I will have to tell someone. Not the whole Team but at least Tony and Steve need to know." she put emphasis on the 'need'. "Get out." you spit out coldly. "Y/N, I'm sorry you had to go through all of that bu-" you interrupt her. "No you're not. What do you care. Was this whole 'Hey let's be friends' thing just an act to get me to spill my deepest darkest secrets? Congrats Agent Romanoff, wow" you start clapping. For a moment there's something in her eyes, anger? Sadness? Hurt? You don't know. " It worked. Now you can go. Tell them I murdered my family, tell them I'm a danger to all of them. Maybe you want to change bathroom partners with someone right? Even if you don't, I want to. I'd prefer fucking Strange using that bathroom with me over you." AT this point you are yelling. "You know, I really thought we could start over, because I got over the fact that you are so much like her, but turns out, you aren't. I cannot risk my whole families life because you want me to keep your dirty little secret." She got up and backed away from you. "I really am sorry though. And just so you know, this whole 'let's be friends and start over thing' was not to spy on you. But this outburst just proved to me why I was right about not wanting to befriend you." With that she slammed your door closed and was gone.
Your emotions go crazy again. Your breathing gets heavier by the second and you can feel how your body temperature rises. Sweat starts dripping down your body and you can see little flames dancing around your hands. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." You try to calm your breathing but it doesn't work. Instead it just gets worse. You can feel how your temperature is still rising. The flames around your hands get bigger and bigger by the second and you start to feel dizzy.
"You can do this" you say to yourself, "Calm down." You take a deep breath before suddenly your skin starts to burn. The heat causes excrutiating pain to your body. You fall to the ground, screaming in agony. As you hit the ground a wave of flames is released and burns your furniture all around the room. The fire stops at the doors, due to Tony's fireproof walls and doors. Seconds later the door slams open, showing a concerned looking red head, a yawning but shocked looking witch and an angry metal man.
"Care to explain why you burned down this newly renovated room?" the billionaire asked annoyed. "How'd you even do that, huh? A lighter and deodorant?" You glance at Natasha, who just shrugs in response. "Either you tell him or I will, Y/N." You shake your head in defeat, trying to stand up. After a second you decide to just stay sitting on the floor, as you're extremely exhausted and in a lot of pain. "Fine, I'll tell him then." And with that her and Tony step outside to talk.
As soon as they leave the room Wanda comes rushing to your side. She doesn't say anything, she just sits down and hugs you. She probably read your mind and now knows that you need it. A lot. You two keep sitting there in silence, just hugging each other, for the next 10 minutes. At some points you can listen in on Natasha and Tony's conversation, due to him raising his voice. "Don't worry. He may be mad, but he won't hurt you.", Wanda suddenly speaks. You back away from the hug to look at her. "Could you stop reading my mind please?" She chuckles. "I wish I could but your thoughts are so damn loud right mow. It's giving me a headache." You let out a genuine laugh. Right then Tony walks back in, Natasha close behind him. You take a deep breath.
Tony comes closer to you, and you feel the need to back away. But you don't. You look over at Wanda, who know sits beside you and she shoots you a reassuring smile. The billionaire kneels down in front of you. "Hey kid." he smiles. "Hey kid? No shouting?" you ask him dumbfounded. "No. Of course I'm mad about the room but it's alright. No one's hurt and it's not like I can't afford to get it renovated again. Right now I'm more worried about you. You see, I don't quite understand why you didn't want to tell us, but that's on 'I won't tell you why, that's her place only' over there" he points to Natasha, "But it doesn't matter right now. What matters is that you can trust us. We can help you learn and it's in all ouf our best interest if we tell the rest of the team about the powers. Especially if they correspond to your emotions, you know? By the way, how are you feeling right now? Feel any better?" You're surprised to say the least. You glance at Natasha who just stands there, arms crossed, watching you. She didn't tell. She didn't tell him why. She kept your secret, at least almost. And then there's Tony. God, he's so much like your dad, just a tad more sarcastic. And richer. "Thank you Tony. I just thought you wouldn't want me if i told you about these powers." You whisper out the lie. " But i do feel better, thanks." You put a small smile on your face. "I'm sorry about, well bruning down the room and all." He smiles. "Don't worry. I'll get it fixed. We just need a place for you to stay until it's finished."
"Can't I stay with Wanda?" you ask looking at her. Her eyes widen. "You know, uhm, Vis-" She's interrupted by you screaming. "I Knew it! You and the toaster are a thing right? Yeah no then I don't want to be in that room. Next option?" Tony bursts out laughing. "Did you just call Vision a toaster?" You nod.
"Okay. Well the only other options are the couch, or sharing with someone else. But I guess you don't want to stay with Steve, Bucky, Strange, Banner, Thor, Loki or Peter? You picked the worst time to burn down your room. Everyone's here, even Sam and Clint. And I don't know what the deal between you and Romanoff is but I guess that's outta pocket." You sigh. "She can have my room. I'll go to my apartment." Natasha smiles at you. "She can what? You won't let anyone into your room, except your occasional flings, and now you're telling me she can have it?" Tony looks confused and Wanda chimes in. "Yeah, I have not once seen your room from the inside."
"Well is she supposed to sleep on the couch for a whole week or something?" She'd give up her room for me? You think. "You let Sam sleep on the couch for a whole month" She smirks. "That's Wilson." You smile. "It's fine. I can sleep on the couch." you argue. "Not happening. Not even one night." The redhead exclaims. "So you're just gonna grab your shit at like Midnight to drive all across town just so Y/N doesn't have to sleep a single night on my 2000 dollar couch?" At this point Nat gets annoyed.
"Yes, that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Any more dumb questions?"
"Nat, you really don't have to." You argue again, "I can take the couch."
"What did I tell you about nicknames?" She says, her hands on her hips. "I'm not going to stay here until you guys sort this out. Good night." Tony speaks up and Wanda agrees. They make their way out of your burnt room "Natasha, you're in charge of her now." And with that Tony closeds the door.
You and the Black Widow keep arguing back and forth, both too stubborn to just agree with each other on who takes the bed. About half an hour later you have enough. "Okay so I won't let you drive all across to who knows where in the middle of the night, and you won't let me sleep on the couch for some stupid reason so we're going to share. I'm tired Natasha." She scoffs. "Hell no we aren't."
"Either that or I'm sleeping on the couch." You shoot back. She gives you a glare but you don't back down. "Fine." She walks through your shared bathroom into her own. You follow her. "Go change, you smell like ashes and fire and shit." Without a word you turn around and close the bathroom door to change. You take out an oversized sweater and shorts and quickly change into it. When you're done you walk back into her room to see Nat already sitting in her bed, back leaned against her headboard, a book in her hand.
"Watcha reading?" you ask curiously. "A book."
"But what kind of book?"
"A russian book."
"Okay."
You lie down on the other side of her bed and slip the blanket over your body. "Night Nat." You whisper.
"Good night Y/N" You close your eyes and try to fall asleep, but as much as Natasha's close proximity calms and comfots you it also makes you nervous and somewhat uncomfortable.
You just lie there with your eyes closed for god knows how long before she speaks again. "Can't sleep?" She asks.
" No, not really." You sigh and turn around so instead of your back, you are facing her now. She closes her book and puts it on her nightstand.
"Anything that helps you fall asleep?" You think for a minute before replying.
"A movie, or anything really, playing in the background." You smile shyly. "I know it's childish but yeah."
"Not happening. I don't even have a TV in here, in case you haven't noticed." You look around and realize that she's right. Her room is really clean and neat, everything seems to be in its place. All in all her room seemed to be lacking personality except for her many books and a photo on her nightstand.
"Oh, uh, yeah right. You could, uhm you know, just read whatever you read there out loud." You suggest.
"You wouldn't understand a thing though, would you?" You shake your head and shrug.
"No, I don't think I would."
"Didn't think so."
Just when you turn around, no hope to falling asleep soon, she starts reading out loud in her mother tongue. The sound of her voice lulls you to sleep quickly and seconds before you're completely out you whisper a "Thanks."

A/N: So this is part 2 of chapter two. I hope its not too all over the place and confusing. I have no idea if my writing is any good but yeah :) I hope it's good enough for a Wattpad fanfic. Also I'm always open for criticism or feedback. Hope yall have a great week.
-Jess