Chapter five

A/N: Big TW; Abuse

The next day you wake up with a huge headache. You look over at your clock and see that it's just 5:03 am leaving you enough time to get ready for school without any rush. You slowly get out of bed and change into some comfy sweatpants and a sports bra, deciding to go for a run. You hate running, but maybe the fresh air will help with your headache. You grab your phone and airpods before rushing out of the tower.
You make your way through the nearest park for about 30 minutes, stopping here and there to take a break. Natasha was right, your lungs will kill you if you ever were to become an avenger. But then again you did not really make any progress with your power so far.

As you arrive back at the Tower you quickly make your way into the shower and get dressed. You decide on a black dress, layering it with a light brown sweater, that matches your boots. As it getting colder you're wearing kinda half see through tights and black socks that almost reach your knees. To top off your outfit you do a natural make up, and to your surprise you actually feel really beautiful today.
You get your backpack, phone, headphones and your jacket from your room and make your way down to the kitchen for breakfast.

Pepper is already there, cooking some scrambled eggs and french toast. "That smells so delicious Pepper!" You exclaim entering the room. You sit down at the table as she turns around to face you.
"Thank you Y/N! How did you sleep?"
You two continue talking for a while until you have to leave for school. With Wanda and Peter still on the mission, and Pietro being unreliable you decide to drive by yourself today. You don't have your own car though, so it's kind of hard for you to decide which one to take.

After a few minutes of thinking you decide it's best to ride a motorcycle, as they aren't used as often as the cars. You get the keys and make your way to Natasha's Yamaha Yzrf 125, as it's the only one you're allowed to drive with your license. You take a helmet and make your way off to school.
It's just the same torture as the day before, with Wanda gone. After you park your vehicle, you walk behind the building where usually no one is and light a cigarette.

You try to avoid smoking in school, but without Wanda you kind of need it to calm your nerves. While smoking you check your phone. Again, you've got countless messages from your mother, begging you to meet her.
Do you want to meet her? You shake your head. It probably is not a good idea. But she is your mother after all, right? And it's your own fault, she became the way she is. You sigh and text her back, agreeing to meet with her after school.
The time couldn't have passed faster today, and now you're standing in front of a small, shady looking cafe in your old neighborhood. You've been nervous the whole day. The nervosity grows from second to second, and you feel like vomiting. This is a bad idea. Before stepping into the cafè you take a deep breath.
You enter the rusty looking building and look around, trying to spot your mother. After a bit, you can see her sitting in a corner booth. You walk up to her in a steady pace, looking confident, even though your knees are getting weaker by the second. Your mum looks pale and a lot thinner than the last time you saw her. Her black hair looks dull and her eyes seem drained.
"Mom?" You say quietly as you make halt in front of her booth.
"Y/N! My child. I'm so glad you decided to meet me! I promise, I love you and I missed you so much."
You smile, even though you know you shouldn't believe her.
"I uh- I missed you too mum. But I just couldn't keep living that way. I hope you can understand."
She just shakes her head.
"I'm sorry baby, but I just can't. You took everything from me and then you just run away? You left me all alone."

You gulp. She's right. You left her all alone without thinking twice about how she felt. Deep inside you know that she loves you, in her own twisted ways of loving. And then you just leave her? You look down to your feet, ashamed of yourself.