Chapter Three

The next morning you wake up to an empty bed. You aren't surprised but you can feel a hint of disappointment. You get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. You feel refreshed and even though you have a slight headache from all the crying you feel relieved. Relieved that they know. You wonder why you didn't tell them sooner, but then again you never would've thought that they'd react the way they did. But why did your hands randomly start glowing anyway? You need to figure it out.

After brushing your teeth and getting dressed you walk down into the kitchen where you instantly spot Natasha. She's wearing a green hoodie which gives a great contrast to her hair, and black, skin tight shorts. She sips her freshly made coffee as you walk to the refrigerator to get yourself some breakfast. While you look for some joghurt Wanda and Peter enter the kitchen as well. "

Good Morning!" Peter calls out happily and then turns to you, "You have fire powers? That's so unbelievably cool, why didn't you tell me? Can you show me? Please show me!" he begs. "Enough Parker. She doesn't have to show anyone if she doesn't want to. Besides, she isn't able to control it yet and you wouldn't want her to burn your pretty face, would you?" Nat's voice cuts through the air. Peter shakes his head. Why is she defending you? Not like you can't do that yourself. It makes you mad somehow.

"Thank you Romanoff but I can speak for myself. But she's right Peter. I do in fact not want to show anyone." With that you grab your joghurt and leave the room. You want to go to your room but then remember the events of the previous night. "Great, where am I supposed to go now?" you ask yourself. You lean against the wall down the hall of your room. You start eating your breakfast when you can hear footsteps approaching you. "I know that you can speak for yourself."She leans against the wall next to you.

"Then why speak for me Natasha?" She turns to look at you.

"Why not?" She half smiles. "Why are you out here eating your joghurt?"
You laugh and remind her that your room is burnt down.
"Yes but you could've just eaten in my room. Remember it for the next time. Just consider my room yours until your real room is remodelled. I'll pack my stuff later and drive to my apartment." You offer her a thankful smile. "You really don't have to Nat."

"Yes I do. And my name still is Natasha." And with that said she leaves you.

Later that day you trained with Steve and then with Wanda. She tried to get you to open up about your powers but you just couldn't. Images of your mom kept popping up in your head. And so did your fathers face, so after about 45 minutes you ran, scared to lose control again.

Now you're sitting on Natasha's bed, exhausted and tired. You wonder when she had left and why she hadn't said goodbye. You pull out your phone and open tik tok since there really isn't much else you could do in the assassin's bedroom. Not even a TV. After maybe an hour the door slams open and a dirty, bloody and injured looking Avenger walks in.

"Sorry, just grabbing my stuff that I'll need. It won't be long." Your mouth hangs open and your eyes are wide in shock. "What? Natasha, are you okay? What the hell happened to you?" You get up to walk closer to her and examine her face. There's a scratch above her left eyebrow and her lip is busted open. In her deep green eyes you can see that she is in pain. "Y/N, please, it's fine. Just let me grab my stuff and I'll go." You shake your head. No. As if you would let her go anywhere like that. "Take off your suit, who knows how many more injuries you have hidden beneath it. I'll go grab a first aid kit."

You go and get the first aid kit from down the hall and walk back into the room to see the Black Widow packing. "Natasha, no!" you tell her.

"Natasha, yes" She replies, sarcasm dripping from her voice. "Look, I'm fine. It's not like I can't handle being an avenger and having a few scratches."