Chapter four

You both get into Natasha’s car, not exactly a destination in mind. You start driving around aimlessly, listening to your playlist on spotify. Natasha occasionally glances at you, but you don’t really think anything of it. You try really hard not to fall asleep but it seems basically impossible at this point and not much later you drift off into your dreams.

When you wake up you’re lying in your bed, carefully tucked in under your blanket. You take a look at your clock and see that it’s 6:53 am. How the hell did you get there? The last thing you remember is going on a drive with Natasha. She must’ve brought you here. You check your phone and see a few messages and one of them caught your eye. It’s from your mother. 
“I want you back at home. We need to talk.” You gulp and decide to text back.

Mom

Hello Mother. I don’t think i 
want to talk to you right now.

You see, Y/N, you don’t
really have a choice. 

Why? What do you
want from me?

Just meet me. Please.
I’ve changed.

You expect me to
believe this?

You always say that.

Please just do it.
I raised you.

You leave her on seen. What does she want from you? Her texting you caught you really off guard and you try to figure out what she wants from you. You try to forget about it and shove it into the back of your head. You have more important things to worry about. As today is a monday, you slowly get out of bed and walk into your shared bathroom. You quickly strip off your clothes and hop into the shower. After you get out you look at yourself in the mirror, seeing the many scars you caused yourself. You hated yourself for it, but you also couldn’t stop. 

You shove that into the back of your head as well and start getting dressed. You pull on your favorite pair of baggy jeans and a white crop top, combining it with a thin, oversized jacket. 

You brush your teeth and go down for breakfast after. 

You get your usual yogurt with fruit and sit down at the table, waiting for the others to come downstairs too. When you’re almost done with your breakfast Pietro enters the room. “Morning Printessa.” He greets. You just nod at him. “Wanda’s not coming today, wanna drive with me or are you driving yourself?” You shrug. Great. Your best friend isn’t coming. You’re screwed. “I guess I’ll drive with you then.” 

Pietro smiles at you. “Ok great, meet me in the garage in 15 minutes.” 

You nod and get up, putting your dishes in the sink before leaving the room. You go upstairs again to get your backpack and shoes. You also grab your airpods and a book, as you’ll most likely be spending your break alone today. 

30 minutes later you’re left alone in the school parking lot, as Pietro went with his friends. You decide to just go to your first period and wait for it to start there. 

A whole, torturous school day later you’re walking through the  parking lot, trying to find Pietro’s car. “Where the hell did he go?” you whisper to yourself.

After 20 minutes of waiting you decide to call Tony to come pick you up. Mailbox. You try Steve - also the mailbox. You then text into the group chat asking if anyone could please come pick you up, but no one replies. Just great. 

After another 10 minutes of waiting Flash and his friends approach you. 

“Hey, if that isn’t mrs. Loner-girl. Whatcha still doing here, huh?” You sigh. “Just leave me alone.”