Chapter six

Natasha's POV:

I can see a faint smile on her lips. "Let's go home okay?" I say softly.
The y/h/c haired girl nods and I gently pull her up with me. I quickly realise that she's too weak and hurt to walk, so I pick her up and carry her.

When we arrive at the hurrily parked motorcycle I let her down and get her seated. I give her my helmet and climb onto the motorcycle myself. "Y/N, you need to hold on tight, okay? Hold on tight and stay awake and focus. You gotta promise me okay?" I say in a serious tone.

She looks at me and raises her pinky finger. "I pinky promise." I can't hide the small smile that's forming across my face. I hook our pinkies and look her in the eyes. "Thank you."

I turn around and start the engine, feeling Y/N's arms wrap around me and holding on to me.
I quickly accelerate and make our way to the tower, driving way too fast. I occasionally bring one of my hands on top of Y/N's, squeezing three times to reassure her.

She squeezes back.

We arrive at the tower and I pick her up from the motorcycle, carrying her to the elevator.

Your POV:

You snuggle closer to Natasha as she's pressing the button for your floor. Your whole body is aching and you feel like dying, but ever since she found you hiding in that bush you feel a lot better.

"Nat?" You mumble against her skin. "Yes?" She questions back. "I'm cold. And hungry. And please don't tell anyone."

She scoffs. "What do you mean 'don't tell anyone'? Why did you even meet up with her? What the hell happened? Y/N, you're whole face is in cuts and bruises already."
She carries you out of the elevator and into her room. She lets you down on her bed and quickly vanishes to get a first aid kit.

When she reenters the room, she turns on the light, and really sees the effect of your mothers beating.
You can see the worry and hurt in her eyes, but Se quickly hides it again.

She kneels before you and cares for the wounds in your face first.
"Was this all your mother?" She asks quietly.
You nod.
"Do you want to tell me what happened?"
"No not really." You reply.
She sighs and gives you this 'Oh really' look.
"Okay fine. She just kept texting me, telling me she changed and how much she misses me and wants to meet me. I guess today in school I just kind of gave in. I know it's stupid." You let out a bitter laugh.
"It was stupid to meet her yes." Natasha agrees.
"Anyway, I went to meet her in this café. And she seemed genuinely hurt that I had left. She ordered us something to drink and I thought it would be coffee or something like that." You pause.

"Go on." The redhead assures you, tapping your leg three times.
"She ordered vodka something. At first I didn't want to drink, since, well you remember last time I drank. But she kept on making me feel guilty and at some point I just gave in. After a while she started being really rude and talking about my dad and my brother." You gulp, trying to hold back the tears.
"She told me I was a murderer and a killer. I knew she was drunk at that point. She only talks about them when she's intoxicated."
You look into Natasha's eyes, trying to figure out what she's thinking.

"I then decided to bring her home. But when we arrived there she didn't want to let me go again, she started hitting me, punching me, kicking me. And I just tried to think of something that makes me happy to just get through it." You pause again. Trying to think of what to say next.
Meanwhile Nat instructs you to take your shirt off, so she can clean your wounds and see if you need to go to a real doctor.
Your rib cage is blue and bruises are everywhere. You feel ashamed.

"I thought of Tony, and Wanda, and Peter and Pietro. Of my home. And of you. And then I remembered that I told you, that my mom blames me and such. And I just I panicked and I shoved her off. And then I ran and called you. I'm so glad you knew where I was. I was scared you wouldn't find me."
She smiles. "Of course I found you. I wouldn't have stopped looking."
„Thank you. And also thank you for allowing me to call you Nat."