| 𝐭𝐰𝐨

| POV: ELARA WEASLEY

—𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 now, I'm eating breakfast with everyone in the Great Hall after Hermione violently waking me up by using Ginny to help her. Ginny pushed me off the bed while Hermione spilled water on me because I was making them late and taking too long. What a great way to start my morning I know. Everyone is talking and laughing but me and Ron are the only ones who are silent. As I look in front of me, I find my brother with a frown on his face and his arms crossed against his chest.

Oh this dramatic ginger.

"Ronald honestly you're still mad they don't have sausages for this year's meal?" I ask.

"Yes! They knew it was my favorite but they still cancelled it! Bloody elves" He huffs in frustration.

"Hey! You say one more bad word about the elves" Hermione sternly glares at him.

"Whatever" He scoffs.

"Anyways, can we go to the library today 'Mione? It's been forever since we've been there and I need to check out some books" I turn to face her.

"Of course! Harry and Ginny are going to the Quidditch pitch later today so we can go right before that" She nods.

"Great!" I reply, going back to my eating.

——

It's been a couple hours, me and Hermione went to the library and I'm walking back to our dorm to put back the books we've checked out. Hermione is beside me as I walk, talking about the book she finally got. Thank Merlin I also found the book I was looking for. These days, books are the only thing that are keeping me sane. I've never been much of a reader, although after the war started, I developed a habit of reading as a way to pass time and forget about all the things that were happening outside in the real world.

Reading a book was like being in my own fantasy, I had no worries— I felt happy and disconnected, in a good way.

"What time is it?" I ask while placing the books on the bookshelf.

"Five to seven. Oh! It's five to seven, we have to leave to the Great Hall for the announcement" She worriedly speaks.

We both hurriedly leave the common room to go the Great Hall. Many students beside us are also rushing to the Great Hall, possibly for the same thing. Finally reaching, we take our seats at the Gryffindor table— next to Ginny, Harry and Ron as usual. McGonagall, soon appears at the front of the hall with the sorting hat.

What possibly could she need the sorting hat for?

"Good Evening everyone. Thank you for being here today. As I said yesterday, the Ministry and I have an important announcement that needs to be made for you all today. Due to the amount of people we have lost this past year, we all know that the Wizarding World's population took quite a hit. It has decreased by at least fifty-five percent. That's more than half of the total population as you can tell. What I'm about to tell you now will impact you greatly so please understand that this decision was taken with much thought by all the members of the Ministry. Now, I will allow Kingsley to elaborate on this." She nods, sympathetically.