99% Kladora & 1% Dunclet short story

Klaus's POV:

I sat next to Isadora in the auditorium during one of Vice Principal Nero's awful violin recitals. Duncan and Violet were holding hands and quietly talking to each other, while Sunny sat in Violet's lap and chewed on the armrest.

Isadora pulled out her commonplace book, and flipped to a page where she had written a few couplets. She took her pencil out of the bun in her hair that it was holding in place, which made her silky, pitch black hair fall all over her shoulders and into her eyes. She started to write more couplets, tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

"What are you writing about?" I asked. Isadora looked up at me and smiled.

"Only your favorite thing in the whole world," she said teasingly.

"You must be writing about yourself, then," I said with a grin. She blushed and let her hair fall in her face again.

"I meant libraries," she mumbled, writing more couplets. I sighed quietly, wishing I hadn't been so blunt. She glanced up at me with her wide, dark eyes. I smiled softly, making her blush more.

"Can I see what you wrote?" I asked. She smiled back and started to hand me her journal. Our fingers brushed together, but neither of us pulled away. We froze for a moment, staring at our hands, before I worked up the courage to slip my palm into hers after setting the common place book in my lap. Her breath hitched and she met my gaze, her eyes widening even more as a smile crept up her lips. I smiled too, and tangled our fingers together.

Isadora's POV:

Klaus is holding my hand! my mind squealed excitedly. We were both smiling at each other and blushing like crazy.

Before I could stop myself, I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek. He blushed harder, and we both looked away from each other, still smiling and holding hands.

"Yuck," Sunny mumbled, glancing from Duncan and Violet's entwined hands to mine and Klaus's. Klaus and I immediately pulled away from each other, but Duncan and Violet weren't bothered in the slightest.

Sunny looked up at her sister and my brother, then said, "Get a room," and climbed into Klaus's lap.

"No kiss," she told us sternly. "Yucky."

I laughed a little, and Klaus looked like he was about to die from embarrassment. Sunny was unbothered by her brother's appalled expression, and started to bite the armrest in the chair.

"S-sorry," Klaus whispered to me.

I giggled and smiled, then, after checking to make sure Sunny wasn't looking, kissed his cheek again. "It's okay," I whispered back.

The rest of the night was uneventful. Nero's violin screeched like a dying cat, which made my ears bleed, but somehow Sunny fell asleep during the performance. I busied myself with writing couplets and sharing them with Klaus, who always had some semi-flirty compliment ready. Duncan and Violet whispered to each other and kept holding hands, and finally Nero let us go after about 3 hours of torture.

The Baudelaires walked us to our broom closet, where Duncan banished me because he and Violet had a "school project" to work on and couldn't be interrupted. As soon as the door closed on the two of them though, we could hear them start to kiss, so we quickly left.

"That not school work," Sunny commented as we walked into the Orphans Shack, where I had to spend the night. "None of that, you two!"

Klaus and I blushed again, then glanced at each other. "We promise not to," Klaus said, but seemed a bit disappointed.

"Otay," Sunny drawled, eyeing me and Klaus dubiously. "I go sleep. No kiss!"

"Okay," I agreed. Sunny fell asleep immediately, leaving Klaus and I standing in an awkward silence.

"Sorry about her," Klaus finally whispered, gesturing vaguely to Sunny as he sat down on one of the hay bales. "She's a handful sometimes."

I giggled and nodded, sitting down next to him. "She certainly is," I said quietly.

"Well, you can use Violet's hay bale, since she's not here," Klaus said after another long silence. "Or we can share."

I blushed at the thought of sleeping next to Klaus, and he started to ramble nervously when he noticed my expression. "Oh... S-sorry, I didn't mean it l-like that! It's just, it's just... I-I mean if you... um..."

I smiled and patted his hand. "Calm down, it's okay."

He smiled gratefully and laughed quietly in relief. "Th-thanks," he stammered. There was another pause as we gazed into each other's eyes for a while. Klaus snapped out of it first and looked away. "I-I'm sorry, Isa," he mumbled. "I'm not usually so... awkward."

"Isa?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh, uh, I don't know, I just thought it was a cute nickname," he stammered. "Sorry, I don't have to use it, you're just really cute and... I mean, I do like your name, it's cute too, but I just... I think you're really pretty, so I.... I'm sorry, I didn't-"

I giggled again, ending his rambling with a kiss on his cheek. He quickly shut up and snapped his gaze to me, his eyes wide and intense. He lightly pushed me down onto the hay bale, then crawled on top of me.

Suffice it to say, we broke our promise to Sunny a lot that night...

(A/N) Hi! There's another weird Kladora story for y'all. Of course, I had to throw a little Dunclet in there too 😂🥰 Anyways, this was a really random and awkward story, but I hope you liked it anyways. Byeeee!