A dreaded ending

Dumbledores body was flung from the astronomy tower.
And Hermione watched him fall.

She was walking the halls and
Thud
Out in the courtyard. Directly down from the astronomy tower lay Dumbledore's body on the courtyard.
Hermione froze in shock.
Her mind blank.

Soon people started to make a crowd. A circle around his body. No one daring to go close.
"Is that Dumbledore?" A 1st year asked
But they knew the answer.

Then Harry appeared and that's when the tears start spilling. He's leaning over his body crying out along with all of us. Ginny wormed here way through the crowd and held Harry as he mourned our headmasters death. As if on cue we all raised our wand with a small light at the tip of them. In honour of him.

Everything is down hill form here

It all went so fast.

Next thing Hermione knew she was in a black dress at Dumbledore's funeral. Harry and Ron in suits.
A depressing mood in the air

Hermione hasn't talked to Pansy since his death. She'd been trying to make up her mind on a very difficult but important decision.

Soon Dumbledore was encased in the marble and people began to slowly drift away.

All Hermione wanted was to be comforted, be told this doesn't change anything, that the war can still be won.
But the only who'd be able to do that was on the wrong side.

~

It's night now, Hermione's slowly walking the hall hidden in the shadows.
"Hermione!" A raven haired girl pulls her into a hug, to which Hermione melts in.
"I'm so sorry little owl, I didn't know this would happen I would have stopped it if I could I would've" She babbled, stroking Hermione's hair.
"It's okay Pansy .... this wasn't your fault at all. but I think this has gone to far" Dread was all Hermione felt but it needs to be done.

If Pansy is to have a chance at living, they need to end.

"What do you mean" She whispered close to Hermione's face.

"We.. we need to break up" Her voice emotionless
"What? No, no Hermione we've come so far, not now" she pleads cupping Hermione's face. "I love you and you love me we can get past this, we can runaway to Muggle London please anything but this!"
"It's for the best" Tears are forming in both the girls eyes.

But to make sure they'd break up Hermione blinked her tears away.
Hermione took Pansy's hand, holding onto it until just their fingertips were touching, and then made a break for Gryffindor tower.

As soon as Hermione entered  the comfort of the empty common room all her emotions let loose.
Crying more than she ever had before.

"I didn't want this. I didn't want to have to break up with my soulmate. We were supposed to end up together, get married, love each other until we died"

~

Pansy stood in disbelief, she and Hermione were done. She knew why, Pansy does know Hermione better than anyone.
That this is her trying to save Pansy

A while ago Pansy had told Hermione she could be punished, maybe killed over dating the enemy. Especially a muggleborn.
Dishonour would be brought to Pansy's family. Thought not that she cared. All she wanted was her girlfriend.
Pansy slowly made her way back to the Slytherin dorm not wanting to wake up tomorrow.

"Pure blood" She whispered to the common room door.
Draco, Crabb and Blaise surrounded the fire in silence.

"Oh come on Pansy, don't tell me you cried over Dumbledore?" Crabb asks.
The boys turn their heads to her with raised eyebrows.
"Partly" She mumbled
"Partly? What does that mean" Draco said making his way towards her.
"Meaning the other part isn't any of your dam business" Pansy pushed past Draco and ran up to her room.

"Stupid war, stupid Voldemort, stupid Pansy thinking we could worked"