Open doors

Harry and Hermione sat a table, books and maps spread out in front of them. They'd been up for half the night trying to figure out ways to find and destroy Horcruxes.
The tent lost light but a small whistling sound of the gadget Dumbledore gave Ron brought it back, and their stood Ron.
'Yeah, I'm still here but you two carry on don't let me spoil the fun"
Harry closed it book and turned to face his friend.
"Whats wrong?"
"Wrong? nothing wrong, not according to you anyway"
"Well- if you got something to say, spit it out"

The tension in the room got thicker and thicker by every word. It didn't help it was Rons turn to wear the Horcruxe either.

"Alright I'll spit it out, but don't except me to be grateful cause theirs another dam things we've got to find"

Hermione didn't know what to say, if she should take a side or stop the argument completely. Though both wouldn't end well.

"I just though after all this time we would have actually achieved something! I thought you knew what you were doing, I thought Dumbledore would have told you something worthwhile, I thought you had a plan!"

This wasn't going well, yes they hadn't been very successful and all Hermione wanted was to be with her girlfriend, well ex-girlfriend. But she had to do something.

"Ron" Her voice was nothing but a whisper. She tried to make a grab for the necklace but her hands were quickly pushed away.

"Plea- take, please take off the horcruxe" Hermione tried again but failed.
"You wouldn't be saying this if you hadn't be wearing it all day"

"Oh don't you go taking Harry's side like you always do, you know what I am so sick and tired of you two ignoring me, thinking I'm useless"

what is he saying

"Well sorry this isn't living up to your expectations, that we aren't in a 5 star hotel, that we aren't finding a horcrux every other day" Harry spat, making the situation even worse.

"Well I'm going" He said slinging a bag over his shoulder. "Have a nice time getting snuggly"

Hermione took off after him as he left through the tent flap.
"Take it off" She demanded. "It's making you angry, putting stuff in your mind that isn't there"
"No, I know what I see-"
"Is this about me and Harry, Harry's dating your sister and you were nearly killed!" She yelled trying to rationalise him. "We all were"

But it didn't stop him. He continued pushing through the darkness with Harry and Hermione following behind him.
"Just cause Ginny isn't here doesn't mean he wouldn't try anything!" His voice echoed off the tree's.

There's no way Hermione would let him go like this. Thinking she would date Harry, who's like her brother.
"Ron don't go! We need you!" Rons figure disappeared into the darkness.
Losing Ron is one of the worst things that could happen. He could get killed out there, he might never be seen again.
So Hermione did the only rational thing she could. Or the first thing desperate that came to mind.

"Im gay, I'm not doing anything with Harry, cause I'm gay!"

Everything stops, Ron stop walking, Harry stops moving. It feels like the world has gone quite from shock.
"N-Now come back here before I drag you back myself"

Oh Merlin what have I done, I just announced my sexuality to the world, I've just gone and pushed the doors wide open

Ron came back into the dim light from the tent. "Give me it" She ordered with her hand out. He pulled the locket over his head and placed it in her hand.

Ron hesitated for a moment, before wrapping Hermione into a bear hug.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry that me being stupid and an asshole made you come out"
"It's okay" Hermione muffled into Ron's shoulder, not really able to move.

Harry joined the hug. everyones arms around each other. And soon they all started laughing.

"Did you really think I would go out with Harry?!" Hermione ask laughing.
"W-well I don't know the locket got into my head" Ron blushed from embarrassment.
"Come on let's get inside" Harry slung his arms around each of their shoulders and lead them inside.

And as soon as they walked in the tent, a sword glinted at them from the table.

Gryffindor sword poking out of the small bag Hermione had bewitched.

"Is that?" Harry asked going over to it.
"I think it is" Ron replied
"The sword appears in a time of need, maybe it could break the locket!"
Harry pulled it out from the bag.
It made a shing sound.
"Why don't you do it mate" Harry said giving the sword to Ron.
"Yeah why not, in the morning though, I'm tired"

~

Harry placed the locket on a fallen log while Ron stood reading to hit it.
"Now remember what ever the locket shows is a lie it tries to make you angry, that's the point of it, Now open!" He said in Parsel-tongue while flinging the locket open and a huge cloud of black smoke erupted from it. Then it started to speak

"I have seen your dreams, Ronald Weasley" it hissed. "And I have seen your fears. What you want most is possible, but all that you dread is also possible... Least loved, always, by the mother who craved a daughter... Least loved, now, by the girl who prefers you as a friend... when she loves another... Second best, eternally overshadowed" It screamed at him

"RON! DON'T LISTEN TO IT" Hermione yelled over the voice which dripped with poison.
Then the black smoke started to make an image.
Two figures started to form. Two people kissing.

Hermione and Pansy, Though Pansy is more of a silhouette but Hermione could recognise her.

"AHHH" Ron screamed charging towards me. I backed away taking refuge behind a tree.

Smash

The black smoke disappeared into the wind and the image too. The locket shattered. Ron stood there with the sword resting on the log, Harry shocked and both of them looking at me.
"Who was that" Harry asked.

I thought I erased that memory from Ron.
I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.
Has Ron known all this time!

Harry and Ron look at Hermione waiting for answer.
"Luna?"
"Parvati?" They start guessing
"Ginny?"
"Hey she's my girlfriend"
"Did you see me and a girl kissing Ron?"

"Huh" The two boys looked at her

"I-I though I did the spell right" Hermione rambled
"Wait what? No I never say you kissing another girl... Did you obliviate my memory!?" He yelled shocked.
"I swear it was for your own good" Hermione shook her hands.
"I was scared, okay I mean if that got out do you know what would happen, We'd be shunned and outcasted. Not mentions Pansy's very powerful and homophobic parents"

Ron pursed his lips and nodded.

"Well how long have you two been dating? A-and didn't she bully you?!" Harry asked, slightly confused.
"Its been 8 months, it was all fake, Pansy never meant her words, when ever we meet up in the astronomy tower she'd always apologise" Hermione smiled at the memories and then realised what she send, her eyes going wide.

"You even had a secret meeting place, god and I though I was romantic" Harry laughed with a lopsided grin.
"Well yeah, but we broke up before we formed Dumbledore army" I frowned at the memory.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, Ron and I accept you and we love you all the same!" Harry smiled widely.
"And I guess I forgive you for taking away my memory"
"Thank you"