f o r e v e r d o e s n ' t l a s t 1

2021.06.26
nomin
playing: im not sorry, dean

"jen can i call myoungjin with your phone? mines out of credit" jaemin asks jeno with a smile. "sure" jeno says as he hands jaemin his phone before continuing to eat.
taking the phone jaemin quickly unlocked it. as soon as he unlocked jeno's phone he saw a message.

w_jiw0n:
I'll call you later❤️

the name quickly triggered jaemin making him freeze for a split second. "jaeminie?" jeno says as he sees his boyfriend staring awkwardly at his phone.
jaemin and jeno have been dating for seven years but it felt like as jaemin was thinking of marriage jeno was thinking of a break up. jaemin doesn't believe in forever. forever is overused. we can't guarantee that we won't change. we are humans it's natural for us to develop and become different people. he believes that love doesn't change though. even if people change, their love remains the same. or at least a very small part of it...

"why don't you speak to me. you never tell me anything" jaemin said as he put jeno's phone down. "why suddenly?" jeno said as he put his spoon down. "why are you talking to jiwon?" he replied as he stood up. "she's just a friend, jaemin" jeno defends himself as he also stands up. "no jeno. you don't get it" jaemin says as he raises his voice a tiny bit. "what is there to understand cmon jaemin just let it go" jaemin scoffs as he turns to the other male. "let it go? jiwon tried to break us up multiple times. she tags along to our dates and shows up in front of our house at 3 in the morning. you're not this naive jeno" jaemin explains quickly before sighing while scratching his head in frustration. "she's nothing more than a friend jaemin don't overthink it" jeno replies back with a soft voice. "why do you think I'm like this? i care about you but I'm tired of being the only one who keeps the relationship alive" jaemin said as he stared deeply into jeno's eyes. "jeno" jaemin continues with a soft voice. "we're not the same jaemin and jeno that fell in love 7 years ago. i dont know if this is right anymore" jaemin feels his voice break. "jaemin listen" before jeno could say more jaemin started to speak again. "no let me finish" jaemin says before sighing. "i love you jeno i really do. but it seems like your feelings have changed. we barely talk anymore" jaemin says before sitting back down. he stares into the white wall in front of him as he hears jeno put his bowl down. jeno kneeled down and made jaemin face him. "baby listen it's okay for us to feel like this. we've been together for so long. it's normal that we start to see things in the other person that we've never noticed before. i love you jaemin. you're the only person im truly comfortable with and i really" jaemin suddenly stands up. jeno sighs as he stands up as well. "jeno" jeno let out a small "mhm" as he looked at jaemin that was now staring at the white wall again. "maybe we should take a break" he says as he looks down. jeno's eyes widen. he quickly holds onto jaemin's arms with a confused and anxious expression. "no jaemin what" jaemin put one of his hands on jeno's as he gave him a smile. he brought jeno's hands down before starting to walk towards the front door of their shared apartment. "na jaemin!" jeno shouted after him but jaemin had already left the apartment by then.