o n t h e v e r g e

s h i p : l u w o o
g e n r e : a n g s t , f l u f f
d a t e : aprl 18 2020
p l a y i n g : r i g h t h e r e r i g h t n o w ,
d p r l i v e
c r i n g e l e v e l : 6/10

🖇

He was dying.
Kim Jungwoo, the boy that was once full of energy. The boy that was always smiling, he wouldn't even hurt a fly. He was dying.

Wong Yukhei. The mood maker. An amazing friend, probably an amazing boyfriend as well, an angel sent from heaven,,,the list can go on and on.

They were on their way to the Hanatour V-Hall concert hall. They were both big fans of DPR LIVE and decided to go watch him live for the first time.

On their way back they were talking about the concert and how they felt,,,the last thing Jungwoo remembered before the crash was Yukhei's hand on his thigh, a wide smile on his face.

The car crashed on the passenger seat of Yukhei's car. Everything happening in slow motion...

Yukhei passed out for a bit but woke up before Jungwoo, next thing he knew blood was dripping down their faces.
Shaking Jungwoo trying to get any sort of reaction, but not reserving any, Yukhei tried his best to get up, limping he ran to the middle of the road making cars stop.
Making his way to the nearest car Yukhei put his hand on the window signalling that something happened the woman pulled a phone out as Yukhei started limping again as he speed walked to Jungwoo again.

Putting Jungwoo's head on his lap Yukhei felt his vision get blurry, shaking, Yukhei kissed Jungwoo's forehead intertwining their fingers before passing out again, Jungwoo's head still on his lap.

🖇

"Please wake up angel. I...I've never told you how much you mean to me...please wake up.."

Jungwoo has been in a coma for a few weeks now. Yukhei dropped everything for him. He slept next to him, barely ate, only left to use the restroom or to ask the nurse if there are anything new.

He fell in love.
Will he ever be able to show Jungwoo how much he loves him?
That question is going to stay unanswered for some time...

🖇

"O..oh" Jungwoo looked around only to see trees around him.
Cluelessly Jungwoo walked until he saw something sparkle from a far.
Walking closer still not being able to put a name on it, he saw light.
That's all he could see, just light.
Dead leaves everywhere. The only sound that could be heard is his steps, taking small steps Jungwoo looked down just to see that he was barefoot and that what was making sounds is him stepping on the crunchy leaves.

Walking closer and closer towards the light Jungwoo could see someone motioning for him to come,,entering Jungwoo saw an (oddly) big tree. Jungwoo saw a swing, someone sitting on it but facing the other direction so Jungwoo couldn't really see a face. There was a beautiful lake and what looked like a house and a garden.

"E..excuse me?"
Walking to the person on the swing Jungwoo fidgeted with his fingers trying not to panic.
"Excuse me?" Repeating himself a few times Jungwoo didn't get an answer, he silently went behind the person tapping their shoulder.
They got startled a bit before catching on.

"I'm deaf"
Confused Jungwoo stared at them for a bit.

"You are deaf?" Thanks to one of his teachers he knew sign language alphabets,
spelling out "are you deaf?" And getting a nod in return Jungwoo smiled proud of himself.