16 - Arrogance is a Downfall

words = speaking
words = thinking
*words* = actions
WORDS = spells, or skills
words = Letters/notes/Diaries

No one's POV

We see the Crimson Vow, minus Y/n, Yui, and Mile, are all relaxing. After a little bit, Mile's voice can be heard.

Mile: Hey, check it out! I gathered some dry branches for the campfire!

Mavis: Good job! Thanks for that!

Pauline: Glad your back safe and sound!

Reina: Perfect timing! We just finished setting everything up!

Mile then comes out and sees them all relaxing.

Mile: Look, I know we're still close to town, but aren't you all a little to relaxed?

Ram: Well, me and Rom don't get breaks like this often! I need to take it in while I can!

Rom: Yeah!

Mile: For you two, it's understandable. But what about you three? Shouldn't camping feel a little more adventurous?

Reina: Come on! We're the Crimson Vow, remember. There's nothing that's going to pop out of these woods that we can't defeat, so why worry about it?

Mavis: And even if there was, they wouldn't be able to catch us by surprise with your search magic. And Y/n's skills are next to nothing!

Pauline: True! With you and Y/n around, we have nothing to fear!

Reina: It's getting kinda cold don't you think? Hey Mile, mind grabbing me a blanket?

Mavis: Oh, can I have one two?

Pauline: I'd like one as well please!

Mile does hesitate for a bit, but gets them the blankets.

Mile: Hey, have you guys seen where Y/n and Yui went?

Reina: Yeah, he went a little farther down.

Mile: Thanks.

Mile then walks to where Y/n is and sees both him and Yui, in her human form, having a little sparring match. After a few seconds, they stop and rest down.

Mile: Hey guys.

Y/n: Were you watching the entire time?

Mile: Yeah. Hey Yui, can I have some time alone with Y/n?

Yui: Of course! I was going to head back anyways.

Yui then turns into her pixie form and flies back to the others.

Y/n: So what's up, Misato?

Mile: Well... It's how the others have been recently.

Y/n: What about it?

Mile: Do you think... Did Doraeman... ever feel the same way I do now?

Y/n: Hm. Never really thought about that. You think we should ask them if we can hold back for a bit on the next quest?

Mile: Might be a good idea. After all, we both experienced death. You've know what it's like more than me, thanks to what you were put through in your world.

Y/n: Yeah...

-----------------------------------------------------------