17 - This Bond is Unbreakable

words = speaking
words = thinking
*words* = actions
WORDS = spells, or skills
words = Letters/notes/Diaries

A/n: New chapter! Now, I know I left you guys on a bit of a cliffhanger, so I've decided to make amends by finishing this chapter as early as possible, and making sure it sticks with the plot. With that in mind, hope you enjoy! Oh, FYI, if you read the first book, and remember the flashback scene with Misato in Chapter 12, it's time to show more of what it was actually like right here and now! Note that it will end right after the first time-skip.

No one's POV

We see Misato walking through her school, walking with a rather sad expression on her face. As she does, she notices some of the other students talking with each other.

Misato: I wish... I had a friend...

As she walks through the hallways, a young man bumps into her, knocking both her and him onto their butts.

Misato and ???: AH!!

???: *stuttering* I-I-I-I-I'M SO SORRY!!!

Misato: What are you talking about, it's my fault!

Misato looks and notices the young man, who right now looks rather nervous and scared.

Misato: Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't introduced myself. My name's Misato Kurihara.

Y/n: Oh! Um.... H-Hi. I-I'm Y/n L/n... I just transferred here from America...

Misato: So you're the foreign exchange student.

Y/n: *nods head shyly* I am... But I'm having a hard time... getting around the school... it's all so new to me...

Misato: How about I help you then! I'm one of the highest scoring students here, so maybe I can help you!

Y/n: *bowing rapidly* Th-Thank you so much!!!

Misato then walks with Y/n, after he showed her where to go.

Misato: So what brings you all the way to Japan?

Y/n: Well... I really wanted to leave my old school...

Misato: Why's that...?

Y/n: No one really cared for me, and I never truly had someone to call a friend. The teachers would just have it done for a few weeks, and then they'd stop.

Misato felt sorry for the young man, and realized something.

Misato: The two of us... we could become friends...

Y/n: Huh?

Misato: I was thinking... I don't have any friends, and neither do you. You think the two of us could become friends.

Y/n: Sure.

Misato then hugs Y/n, much to his shock.

Misato: Thank you so much!