14 - The U.A. dorms

A few weeks passed since the funeral, and Alex was more than depressed. He didn't feel anything but sadness and guilt. Izuku tried multiple times to comfort him, as well as Barry and Iris, who Alex still didn't have the courage to call 'dad' and 'mom', but nothing worked. He was more distant towards everyone, thinking that the less people he bonded with, the less people would've suffered because of him. Alex didn't tell them much about those 10 months he spent traveling from a place to another, the time he spent with his father, his intense training, nor how he felt. He just couldn't risk to hurt them, nor he was willing to be seen as weak by others, he couldn't help it, it was one of his father's teachings: 'Never show any weakness, or your enemy will take advantage of that'.

What pissed Alex the most is that every single teaching he recieved from Eobard is damn useful and vital for surviving. In that moment he felt guilty also because the one who taught him all these things was the Flash's arch-nemesis, a villain and a murderer, and that it wasn't Barry, the one who adopted him, raised him, and supported him no matter what, how could he have done all this to him?

Suddently Alex heard the doorbell ring, so he went out of his room, crossed Nora's room, walked down the stairs and then he saw Barry open the door. There were All Might and Eraserhead, they greeted us and got inside

All Might: "First of all, we all are very sorry for your loss, Nora was an extraordinary person, I could see her become a true hero."

Eraserhead: "She was an excellent student, you did a great job with her. In a certain way we lost her too."

Barry: "Thank you, I mean that. What can I do for you today?"

All Might: "Actually, we came here to speak with your son, if we may."

Barry: "Yes, of course."

Alex POV

(Why do they want to speak with me? Maybe they want to arrest me for joining in the League operation...yeah, it must be this, and I wouldn't mind...every criminal has to pay for their actions, so it's only fair this way...)

Once we were alone in the living room, All Might spoke

All Might: "As we know you were also there, at the USJ."

(There, I knew it...well, I won't resist when they arrest me.)

"At first we thought you were just one of the villains there, but we all saw how desperately you tried to save Nora, showing the attitude of a true hero."

(Wait a second...what?)

"And because of this we would like to offer you a place in U.A. and in the new dorms. What do say, young man? Do you want to become a hero?"

(A hero, me? I always wanted to become one, I wanted it so desperately, but...)

Alex: "...I am no hero. I was one of those who attacked the USJ, the one who planned everything, it's my fault if you were hurt and if the students were in danger. It's my fault if... *tearing* ...if she died..."

Eraserhead: "You elaborated a plan to ensure that neither the teachers or the student could escape or warn U.A.?"

Alex: *nods* "I shouldn't have trusted that man, if I wouldn't now Nora would be here... *starts crying* just arrest me and get this over with..."

All Might: *pats Alex's shoulder* "We're not arresting you, young man"

Alex: *shocked, raises head* "What? But I've hurt so many people that day, I harmed those who cared for me, as well as you...why aren't you gonna arrest me?"