16 - It's gonna be okay now

Alex POV

(No...no...Nora...no...I will save you...dad no...no...NOOOOOOOO...)

Alex: "NOOOOOOOO!" *pant*

It was one of my nightmares, the same actually...

(Shit, I'm a sweaty mess, better go to the bathroom)

I got out of my room wearing the pijamas pants and a white t-shirt and headed to the bathroom to wash and recover from that nightmare. I eventually got in and washed myself.

Alex: "It was just a dream...yeah...just a..." *cries, leans against the wall and slides down 'till he sits on the ground, keeping his head in his hands*

(I'm sorry Nora...I'm so sorry...it's my fault...it's all my fault...)

I didn't know why the universe was against me, I didn't know what kind of hero shoulded I be, hell I didn't even know if I wanted to be one after all I've done.

(I don't deserve to be here, then why? Why must I have in front of my eyes constantly a reminder of what I could never become? Someone hates me up there...)

Alex: *hears sobbing from behind the wall*

(What? A girl is crying, but why?)

Alex: *wipes away tears, gets up and goes for the girl's bathroom, knocks on the door* "Hey, is anyone in here?" *hears more sobs, slowly opens the door* "I'm coming inside." *sees Mina crying on the ground* "Mina, what's wrong?"

Mina: *between sobs* "It's...it's Nora...I miss her so much..."

Alex: *gets near and sits beside her, puts his arm over her shoulder*

Mina: *leans closer and sobs on his chest*

Alex: *wraps her in a hug* "I know." (I took her friend from her, how could I ever look into her eyes again? I wonder how many more like her are in this class...I don't deserve being a hero...my path was chosen even before I had a saying in it...I'm doomed...cursed...evil)

Eventually Mina fell asleep, so I picked her up and brought her to bed, it was a good idea to memorize the position of everyone's room. I covered her with the sheets and gave her a little kiss on her forehead

Alex: *whispers* "I'm sorry."

Mina: *subconciously smiles after the kiss*

Then I got out of the dorms, in any case I couldn't sleep, so I thought it would be best to check the Allen's house. I wore my usual black outfit and speeded to the top of the observation roof.

(I sweared on my soul to keep everybody safe, and I intent to do that, whatever it takes.)

I stood there for an hour, watching, but in the end I was starting to feel tired, so I speeded to the dorms, got inside my room, undressed and went to bed, hoping to sleep well for one night.

The next day was my first as an official student. I put on my uniform to attend class, but damn that tie was annoying, I decided to let it loose, along with two shirt's buttons open, then I went to school. Once there I was met with an old acquaintance of mine...Katsuki Bakugou. I didn't meet him in the dorms, I figured he was just lazy and stayed in his room all the time...or maybe he too felt bad for Nora...it was a possibility.

Bakugou: "THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE, DUMBASS!!!???"

(Well, here we go...)

Alex: "Listen, I really don't have any will to argue with you today, so leave me alone."

Bakugou: "DON'T TREAT ME SUFFICIENTLY OR I'LL WOOP YOUR ASS!!!"

(Oh my God...)

Alex: "Just shut up."