14

park j @jongseong tweeted.

must protect <3333

1837 likes | 136 retweets

replies:

@yixiang must protect from who?? from you?? 🤨
↪@jongseong from you, moron
@hanbinjjang please take him to his first class on time, i'm watching you two 👀
↪@jongseong noted hyung 😌

++++++++

"boba, fasten your seatbelt," jay reminded jungwon as he entered his car.

the younger quickly fixed his hair and put on his face mask. jungwon was supposed to avoid jay again, because of the last message that he sent to him.

i freaking confessed through chat. who the fuck does that? i messed up.

he was trying to act normal but deep inside, he just wants the earth to swallow him whole. he glanced at the guy beside him who's busy driving. somehow, jay acts like nothing happened. is it a good or a bad thing? crap.

the whole ride to the university was awkward, no one dared to start a conversation. when they finally arrived on the parking lot, the two were still quiet.

"about the message—"

"the message i sent—"

jay and jungwon stared at each other as they both speak. goodness i'm dying in here, why the fuck is this so awkward?

jay shifted on his seat. "you go first, boba."

he cleared his throat before speaking. "i, um... i just wanted to tell you that i wasn't being serious when i sent that message last time. i don't like you — wait, no, not like that. i'm still not sure if i really like you, so please don't think too much about it."

jungwon let out a nervous laugh. he looked down, hoping that jay understood what he just explained.

he heard the other chuckled and ruffled his hair. "choco ball, look at me."

he looked at jay who was now facing him with a smile plastered on his face. jungwon tried to stare back at jay's intense eyes.

"i know, and that's fine. there's no need to rush, i won't go anywhere okay? take your time to think about what you really feel. we can take things slow," jay went closer to unfasten his seatbelt. that sudden move made jungwon's breath hitched.

this...small gestures like this might cause me a heart attack.

"s-so, we're still friends?" he asked.

"why, you want us to be more than that? it's your call."

his eyes widened as he shook his head. "no! i'm totally fine with friends."