21

two years.

it's been exactly two years since jay had seen his face.

two years.

he glanced at the boy standing right in front of him. he got taller, and he looks more mature. he looks perfectly fine.

if someone would ask jay what he feels at this moment, he wouldn't know the answer. he's been telling himself that he's gonna be okay, but now, numbness spreads all throughout his body.

"j-jay, you're holding my hand too tight." he wakes up from his own thought when jungwon let his hand go.

heeseung cleared his throat, trying to ease the atmosphere. "uh, this is youngbin. he's our classmate back in highschool." he eyed jay and mouthed 'i told you he'll come here'.

youngbin looked at the three unfamiliar faces who are standing beside jay and smiled widely. "hello, it's nice to finally meet you guys!"

geonu and daniel just smiled. jungwon feels a little awkward because jay seems too quiet, so he tried to talk to the guy.

"hi, i'm jungwon. and these are my friends, daniel and geonu. we're biology majors," he smiled as he look at youngbin.

the guy grinned at him. "are you jay's boyfriend? you guys look good together!"

"no we're not—" jungwon's words got cut off when jay spoke.

"why are you back? i thought you were staying in taiwan for good." his voice sounds cold.

"what do you mean? i came back because i miss my best friend." youngbin pouted and then laughed. "i'm kidding, i didn't miss you that much. i came back because of my parents."

nicholas put his arm around the boy's shoulder. "that's good to hear then. let's hang out at heeseung's dorm today!"

"you guys can hang out by yourselves. we're going home," jay grabbed jungwon's hand and was about to walk away but jungwon stopped him.

"it's fine. you can go with them." jungwon whispered to him. "your friend just came back. i'm sure you guys have a lot to catch up."

jay sighed. "but i don't—"

"i'll just go with daniel and geonu. don't worry about me and have fun with your friends." jungwon ruffled jay's hair.

daniel tapped jay's shoulder. "i'll take him home for you, no need to worry."

jay nodded at him. he stared at jungwon one last time before he joined heeseung and nicholas. youngbin even waved goodbye at them while walking back inside the university.

when the four were finally out of their sight, geonu sighed with relief.

"am i the only one who felt the tension? that was some suffocating shit right there."

jungwon exhaled. the way jay was acting earlier, it's bothering him. or am i just paranoid? i mean, he probably feels a little awkward since he hasn't seen his friend for so long.

......right?

++++++++

baby g @geonuyah tweeted.

i was legit tryna keep my mouth shut earlier but that was really sus 👁️👁️ i wanna know the tea 😔