Chapter 3- So the salt's the Hulk?

Walking into the library, you see Loki sit down with a bundle of files, going through one of them before exclaiming sarcastically,

"Oh my goodness! Don't tell me the variant ambushed another team of minutemen, wow! HUH and stole their reset charges as well!"

Giggling you walk over to him and stand opposite him. Looking up, he sees you and smiles.

"Hi" you say.

"Hello."

" So, I never took you for the reading type, whatcha reading?" you say, knowing full well how much he loved to read.

" Well, I love reading, but these are files about the variant, Mobius asked me to read them." he explains.

" Oh, well I have to read them too! Do you mind if join you?" you say, a tinge of hope in your voice.

" Oh sure, of course." he replies.

Getting up, he then pulls the chair out so you can sit in it.

" And he's a gentleman too!" you tease, making him blush lightly and chuckle.

Looking down to the table, the first document you see has, in big bright red lettering,

'Destruction of Asgard'

Ragnarok-Class 7 apocalypse.

Shit.

Loki sits down and spots the paper too, picking it up and going through it, you can see how he's trying to hide his emotions, but you can see his eyes tearing up, and his breath hitching.

"I'm sorry." you say quietly.

" It-It's fine, it happens." he says putting it off and handing it over to you.

Going through it, you see just how bad the damage was, and then something caught your eye.

'Zero Variance Energy detected'

"Loki, Loki look," you get his attention.

"What, what did you find?" he asks eager to get away from the topic of his home getting blown up.

"Look, it says there's no variant energy, what if the variant's hiding in apocalypses?" you ask.

" That, that's an amazing idea. Because he can do whatever he wants, and it won't make a difference-"

" -because the place is getting blown to bits and everyone dies." you finish excitedly.

" We-we have to tell Mobius this, oh darling you're a genius!" he says before gathering the files and walking towards the cafeteria, "Come on!" he calls you.

Darling.

He called you darling.

Just great.

~~

" Mobius! We found something!" Loki says and pulls you over and sits you down, before getting another chair for himself.

" What? What did you find?" he asks.

"The variant's hiding in apocalypses." you said.

"What? what do you mean?" 

"Are you familiar with Ragnarok?" Loki asks Mobius.

"Yes, the destruction of Asgard and most of it's people I'm sorry about that."

" Yes, very sad, now-" Loki begins, taking Mobius's salad.

"What are you doing?" Mobius asks Loki.

" Let's just say, your salad is Asgard-"

"That's not Asgard, that's my lunch, I want that salad." Mobius whines.