Chapter 4-This isn't about you

Mobius was holding a candy box called Kablooie, which you recognized.

"Kablooie." he said.

" What's that?" Loki asked.

"Candy. Do you have candy on Asgard?" Mobius says.

"Yeah, grapes, nuts." 

"Huh, well no wonder your so bitter." he says before grabbing a large bunch of files and heading to the desk leaving you and Loki to follow him.

"Okay, so Kablooie was only sold regionally on Earth from 2047 to 2051, so we need to cross reference that with every apocalyptic event, I'm gonna give you half, Y/n take a few from him, have a competition see who finds it." Mobius explains.

"Sure." Loki says seeming interested in the 'competition'

" You wanna bet on something?, Yeah a bet, let's play for pride, may the best person win!" Mobius declares.

Rolling your eyes with a small smile, you take the files Loki hands you.

~~~~

"Anything?" Mobius asks, going through a file.

"Uh, it's not the climate disaster of 2048." Loki replies

"Or the Tsunami of 2051." you pipe in, not looking up from your pile.

"Let's go, let's go come on." Mobius chants.

"2050..the extinction of the swallow.." Loki reads out.

"That's a thing?" you say, a little shaken up at number of natural disaster and problems.

"Completely screwed up the ecosystem.." Mobius answers.

"Krakatoa erupted in 2049 as well." you say

"No kablooie" Loki says.

"God, it's just one damn thing after another, isn't it?" Mobius muses.

"Tell me about it." you scoff.

"Cyclones, famine, volcanoes,floods-"

"Got him!" Loki says, holding up the file, "That's where he is."

"Alabama, 2050." you say reading the file.

Leaning forward, Mobius looks at Loki and smirks," You're gonna take my job, if I'm not careful." 

" Ok, pack it up, Lovebirds!" you say giggling, while simultaneously feeling this unreasonable jealousy.

Playfully glaring at you, Loki leans back and lets out a little breath.

" I have to go to Ravonna and ask her  to approve a fully-armed task force, this mission, if it even happens, is really important." Mobius gets up and you and Loki closely follow.

~~

Mobius was inside Renslayer's office, you and Loki were waiting outside. To pass the time, you decided to play a game.

" Ok, tell me about a time you scared your brother" you ask, hoping to hear the iconic snake story.

" Ohhh, I have a good one, we were about eight at the time, and you see, Thor loves snakes, so to scare him, I transformed myself into a snake and he picked it up to admire it and then I transformed back into myself and said, " MEUH IT'S ME! and stabbed him." he said smiling at the memory.

"My turn!" you say

" Ok, were you ever in love with someone?" he said.

Shit.

Shit.

SHIT. FRICK.GODDAMMIT.

Taking a deep breath, you for yourself to look at him.