Chapter 11- A Loki's destiny

(i've edited a lot in this chapter, mainly the conversation between old-loki and reader)

"I must say, it feels a bit odd, walking towards the gargantuan creature, do you have a plan of action?" The old man asks walking towards the edge of a cliff

"Get inside, find it's heart or brain or whatever and then kill it." Loki replies, " Just because it's complicated doesn't mean it's bad."

"It also doesn't mean it's good." Kid-Loki says.

The alligator starts growling, making Loki point at it, "See, he's on board." 

" He's praying, he thinks we're going to die." The old man says.

" I agree with it." you say and the alligator saunters over to you and lays it's head at your foot, letting out a sound of contentment, smiling you bend down and pet it's head.

" He likes you." The boy says, smiling.

" Well, everybody likes me," you joke, making him smile more.

You stand back up and the boy presses a button on a device. Suddenly a large ship appears out of nowhere and lands on the field below.

" Alioth is like any animal, they go after the big meal first." Loki says, as the cloud starts to form and make it's way towards the ship, " and while he's busy with that we uh.." he trails off as Alioth engulfs the ship and it's crew, leaving nothing but dust in it's place.

" Okay, um maybe we-uh think a bit more about this." he says.

" Look, I think Alioth is the way to whoever's behind all of this, Sylvie taught you how to enchant, maybe you can enchant it.  We can't kill it. Because I can see that Alioth is being weaponized by someone, most likely the person at the end of time." you say

" Mmm, Sylvie would be a little helpful right now." Loki says.

This is getting out of hand bitch

You hear a car in the distance, " A car's making it's way towards us. "

" What?" Loki asks

" Yes, look on the horizon." you say,

" Is it bad?" he asks again,

" Well, it usually means cannibalistic marauders or cannibalistic pirates." the boy explains.

" It's Sylvie and Mobius." you say.

" Sylvie?" Loki asks excitedly.

Jeez

" Yes. and Mobius."

The car opens and Sylvie steps out.

" Sylvie." Loki whispers running to her.

" I don't understand, is he being a coward or is he being brave?" The old man asks,

" He's being a lovesick arsehole." you say, making him look at you, " nice ring." you look at the ring on his hand and then look at his face, eyes wide in recognition.

You don't give him a chance to reply, walking to Mobius.

" Y/n!" Sylvie says, walking to you and hugging you.

"Hi, god I was worried about you." you say smiling.

You pull away and run to Mobius, who's arms are wide open already, "Jerk! Thank God you didn't die!"

" Yeah, you can't get rid of me just yet." he says, words muffled.

 Standing back, you see Loki introducing Sylvie to the others, the old man-

who was actually my fucking fiance

-the boy and the alligator, who once again makes its way towards you and paws at your leg, wanting you to pick it up.

" God, you throw a rock you hit a Loki." Mobius says.

" Seriously." you agree.

" So, you're all after the giant cloud monster too then?" Sylvie asks.

" Well, we haven't decided on how to kill him-" Loki begins

" Wait, we're going to kill the magic cloud monster in the sky?" Sylvie asks.

"....yes." Loki replies

" Oh my god! that was you're plan?"

" Thank you!" you say, lifting your hand up.

" And you agreed with him?" Sylvie asks the other Loki's, making them turn and look down.

" Well, what's your plan?" Loki asks her.

" I think, the person we're after is beyond the void at the end of time, and if they are, that thing is just their guard dog."

Loki looks at you, a smug grin on your face.

" Ok, how do we get past the guard dog?" he asks.

"I'm going to enchant it." she says,

Loki looks at her for a good second and starts laughing, " That's insane right?"

" As insane as what? Papercutting a giant cloud to death?" you say.

" Listen I've been down here a bit longer than you, I thi-"

" I'm going to enchant it!" she interrupts.

Loki looks at her, then at you, as if asking for you're opinion.

" Don't look at me, I agree with her." 

'''

You all decide to eat something and rest a little before going to Alioth, and make your way to a small makeshift patio.

You look at the old man who keeps staring at you intently. His eyes are clouded, as if he is recalling on old memory.

You walk next to him and softly ask, "What was she like?"

He gives you a wry smile, "Just like you."

There's a lump in your throat, you know exactly how he feels. To see another version of your lover who has died, "I'm sorry."

He looks at the ring on his finger, "Don't be. I'm sure she lived happily."

You smile, "I hope so, I hope that her life never became like mine. Where she wanted to kill herself just to have a chance of seeing her Loki again. Only to find that the entire time, he was alive."

The smile is gone from your face.

"I did want to leave, and I did. But then the TVA caught me. Because I was never destined to be with her." 

His voice is becoming shaky.

"A Loki falls in love with you in every universe. They want to spend their life with you. But the only thing they get is the memory of every single moment you both have together. Because we either die, or are forced to live somewhere where we can never see anyone we love." He looks at you and his eyes are hard, "So yes, I'm sure she lived happily. Because her life wasn't spent with me."

You swallow the lump in your throat and stop to squeeze his shoulder, " I hope you know just how much you are missed."

Saying so, you leave him behind to walk ahead.