Chapter 9- God of Outcasts

" So you mean to tell me that you're nexus event was winning the elections and becoming president?" 

"Yes kitten, it was." President-Loki said, sitting next to you under a makeshift gazebo with a fire.

"That's awesome, who woulda thought, Loki for president!" you smile and say.

He smirks at you and you instantly heat up.

Ok no, you already like another Loki, leave this one alone

" Now, why are you here? What was your Nexus-Event?" he asked

" Um....I sorta pruned myself?" you say

President Loki raises his perfectly manicured eyebrows at you.

" I mean, you see I'm actually here looking for another variant of you, and me and a...friend, pruned ourselves to get into the void, but she's somewhere else and I'm here talking to you."

Which is something I don't mind at all

" Darling, your barrier isn't up, I can hear your thoughts." he says, smiling cheekily at you, licking his lips.

Shit

You immediately put up your barrier making him laugh, a genuine one, that sounded like the most amazing thing in the entire world.

" Well, I must say I'm flattered. But who is this Variant of me, you're looking for?"

"He looks like you, except he was wearing a grey button up." you say.

" I haven't seen anyone like that, but I can help you look for him. Someone told me the location of a bunker where there are more Loki Variants, I can help you look for him." he said, voice softer them normal.

You smile and nod.

He then takes your hand and kissed the back of it again keeping it in his.

" You know, in my timeline, I knew a Y/n. She was a vet, and I first met her when I had to take my cat to her."

" You had a cat?"

" Yes, a black one, her name was Ebony."

" Tell me more about the Y/n in your timeline." you say.

Smiling, with a far-off look in his face, he says, " Well, she was the first person, other than me, that Ebony actually liked. I was shocked, because that cat was the devil" he says chuckling before continuing, "So, after a few appointments, I worked up the courage to ask her out. Yes I know, I may be evil, but at that moment, I was honestly terrified, I asked her out for a cup of tea, and she said yes. Cut to a few months, we were really close. I-I think I may have loved her. I was on the way to her house to tell her I won the elections, but I was then taken by the TVA, and those bastards pruned me, took her away from me." he said, voice becoming darker.

You squeeze his hand," I'm sorry."

" It's alright... Now! My men are approaching, let's go find this variant of yours." he says pulling you up to your feet.

~~

" So you didn't try to stab him?" Loki asked the Old man

" Certainly not, take no offence my friends, but blades are worthless in the face of a Loki sorcery. They stunt our magical potential." he replies.

" But they look awesome." Boastful Loki said.

" Oh yes!" Classic Loki replied, " Especially when they clatter to the ground before your neck is snapped. I cast a projection of myself so real, even the mad titan believed it. Then hid as inanimate debris. After I faked my death I simply drifted in space. Away from Thor, away from Y/n, away from everything. Thought about the universe and my place in it, and it occurred to me that wherever I went only pain followed. So, even though it broke me to leave Y/n, I removed myself from the equation. Landed on a remote island and stayed there, in isolation, in solitude. For a long, long time. Only thing to remember Y/n by was this." he says, holding up his hand, showing the ring you proposed to him with. " We were to..be married, and funnily she proposed first and then I did immediately after." he said smiling and taking a sip of his drink.

" How did the TVA find you?" Loki asked, understanding that this Loki was the one that Y/n was engaged to before he 'died'.

Norns, if she somehow ended up here and found out, there would be bloodshed.

" I got lonely, to tell you the truth, I missed my brother, and Y/n....well I doubt she would have been alive but, I wondered if they missed me, if anybody did. But as soon as I took the first steps to getting off the planet, the TVA arrived. Because we my friends, have but one part to play in this world, The God of Outcasts." he says mockingly, making Loki's eyebrows furrow in confusion

" The God of Outcasts!" he lifts up his glass and cheers bitterly, Boastful and Child-Loki joining in with his juice box of depression.

~~

" My men say there's an underground bunker, where there are a few variants, one of them may be yours." President-Loki says, walking with you.

" Oh cool, thanks again, for your help." you say

" Well, I'm sort of knocking two birds with one stone, you see, the 'King' of this place is a kid-variant, and I want to take over because, you know, he's a kid and it's dangerous. So wherever the bunker is, there he will be, and I'm also helping a beautiful lady along the way." he says smirking at you and making you blush.

Dammit! fricking pull yourself together!

" We're here." he says pulling you towards the entrance of an underground bunker.

" Wait here ok?" he says, leaving you a few feet behind, and going toward the entrance.

Him and the rest of the Variants huddle around the entrance and it almost immediately opens.

And climbing out of it is a Loki.

More specifically, your Loki.

" This is a nightmare." you hear him say, before going over to the entrance.

He hears you and looks up, eyes now wide.

"Y/n?" he says.