Interlude #1

There will be interludes about Hiccup's younger years and about his adventures with Toothless,and how he met many dragons.

So in this first interlude,Hiccup is seven years old.

-Wolfie
--------------------------------------------------------

Seven year old Hiccup jumped over a tree root,almost tripping,since his mind was elsewhere.

I just don't understand Hiccup thought.Earlier that day he had overheard his father's conversation with Gobber.

'I just don't understand why he's not growing,Gobber'

'Stoick, the lad is just seven,give it some time and he'll be the greatest viking on Berk!'

'Its just...if he dosen't grow up i'll have to give the duty of chief to Snotlout when he grows up'

'You cannot be serious!...Stoick it's Hiccup's birthright,he's the heir not Snotlout'

'Gobber please be with me on this,think of the village ,if Snotlout were to be chief,we could find the nest,the war could end!'

'Snotlout has the brawn but not enough brain'

'Yes, that may be true, but with enough training he could be a great chief!'

It's not like Hiccup wants to be future chief.He couldn't care less.

Its just...it seems his dad has more belief in Snotlout than him.While Snotlout is just a loud mouth,Hiccup is making machines to kill dragons.Sure the machines back fire,but at least Hiccup's trying to help.

Hiccup's mind then drifted to his friends.Lately they've been acting mean to him.

How?

Well, they pushed him to the ground and gave him a couple bruises.Hiccup had told his father,but all Stoick said was,'deal with it like a viking!'

In other words,fight back.

Hiccup couldn't ever bring himself to hurt somebody,so he just took the beating quietly.

At least Fishlegs and Astrid weren't beating him,they just ignored him

At least Gobber was willing to smack Snotlout once.Gobber was the only one who was willing to listen to him.However, Hiccup wanted to talk to someone his age.

He had spent more time in the forest lately, away from the village,to avoid the villagers talk about him.

'Hiccup the Useless' was what he was now called.

"Honestly, that boy brings shame to his father"

"The boy can't do anything right"

"That boy does more harm than good"

He was trying for Odin's sake!He just wanted to help,and it all just...just backfires.

He had also avoided going to the forge as much,unable to face Gobber.

He felt so alone.He could only talk to himself.He had no one to share his thoughts,his feelings,his ideas,everything.

Oh how much he wanted a friend.Just someone that would listen to him,someone that wouldn't judge him by his physical appearance.

Who knows maybe one day he'll find a friend,a true friend.

--------------------------------------------------------
Yeah it's short,but I won't be able to update for a week.

-Wolfie