Interlude #3

In this interlude Hiccup is twelve and-

-A VERY BIG WARNING!!

This chapter is kind of- um- really depressing,mostly because I've been stressed lately,and I tend to think depressing things when I'm stressed,strangely enough.

However I think Hiccup could've gone through this considering his father didn't really pay attention to him when he was younger,and the village hated him and but don't worry it gets lighter(sort of) as it goes on,so yeah.

READ ON!

P.S.-Please don't hate me for what I have Hiccup go through.

------------------------------------------------------

Hiccup ran as fast as he could ,mud coated his boots as he ran towards the village,he could hear growls behind him.Thunder rang above him,the fierce rain dampened his auburn hair.

He swallowed a whimper as he heard a howl a fair distance behind him.He willed his legs to move faster but instead he felt himself slowing down.His lungs were burning,his legs were starting to feel numb,his heart was practically beating out of his chest.The rain blurred his vision,causing him to wipe his eyes frantically with his hands.

He dodged trees,bushes,stumbling occasionally over a tree root.He then found himself walking carefully down a hill,but him being clumsy since birth,he slipped on and began rolling down the hill.

With a yelp, he landed at the bottom.He laid there,his whole body aching,his heart pounding inside his chest,his lungs screaming for air.He forced himself to stand,but stumbled and landed on all fours.

Another howl was heard.

He raised his head to look for somewhere,somewhere he could hide,but there was nothing but that large rock in front of him and all the trees in front of him.

Another howl,"oooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

He turned to look behind him,up towards the hill and saw the alpha wolf that had been howling.And behind him were ten other wolves.

Hiccup quickly crawled towards the rock,resting his back on it.His body shook with fear.

The wolves padded down the hill,their yellow eyes glowing through the rain and darkness.

They spread out,surrounding him.

Hiccup felt tears slide down his cheeks,a sob was threatening to escape,but he forced it down.

'A Viking doesn't cry!A Viking fights to survive!A Viking doesn't cower!' Hiccup screamed to himself.He knew that any other viking would face these wolves head on and emerge victorious.

However he wasn't one born as one.

'Dad would be ashamed.' Hiccup thought to himself,his head lowering slightly.

A snarl ripped him from his thoughts,causing him to raise his head.

The wolves slowly crept towards him,their yellow eyes full of hunger.

Hiccup finally let the sob escape him,he let his head rest on his knees,hands covering his ears.

'Is this how I'm going to die?!By a pack of wolves?!' Hiccup screamed to himself.

'But is death such a bad thing?' A little voice whispered in his mind.'You won't have to deal with the bullying anymore,you won't have to deal with Stoick's disappointed gaze anymore...'