Interlude 4

Anybody still reading this???

So in the chapter 'Waiting', I mention that Hiccup/Flare has earrings in his satchel, so obviously, he must have gotten his ears pierced. Which is not a pleasant experience at all if you do it with a needle, which I have gone through, quite painfully.

And so this interlude goes on to show just how that experience went, as well as Sharpshot and Toothless becoming thieves(LOL).

Read on!!

-Rinku
-----------------------------------------------------------
"This is stupid, really, really stupid Hiccup! Really?! You just love getting hurt!"  Toothless roared, pacing around their camp frantically.

Hiccup just laughed nervously. "Oh c'mon Toothless, I'm just getting my ears pierced."

"By a needle!!" Toothless shrieked.

"You worry too much bud, it's not gonna hurt a lot." Hiccup said, packing his supplies and a small pouch that had several coins.

"You say that now." Toothless grumbled, pawing at the ground.

Hiccup just laughed. "It's not gonna hurt bud, a lot of people around here had their ears pierced, apparently it just feels like a pinch in your ear."

Toothless huffed. Hiccup walked over to Toothless and hugged him.

Toothless placed his head over Hiccup's shoulder, returning the hug.

"Hey I wanna be in the hug too!!" Sharpshot yelled, flying to join the hug, and was caught by Hiccup who hugged him after releasing Toothless from his hug. Sharpshot let out a small purr in content.

Hiccup released Sharpshot from his hug, and the little terror climbed onto his shoulder and perched there.

"Toothless, I'll be fine, besides this is my own gift to myself, I'm eighteen now, a man." Hiccup said, scratching the obsidian dragons scales, making him purr slightly.

Toothless sighed. 'A man? No, you're still my hatchling' Toothless grumbled to himself, although slightly proud.

Although still reluctant, Toothless nodded and nudged Hiccup's chest, who patted his head.

"Well alright then, I'll see the two of you later." Hiccup said, picking Sharpshot off his shoulder and setting him on the ground.

Sharpshot let out a small whine. Hiccup just chuckled and scratched the terrors chin. "I'll be back in couple of hours alright?"

And with that, Hiccup left the small camp and headed towards the village.