Stranger

Well it's about time I updated!

Luckily school is almost over.Once it is,I'll be able to update faster!

:D
Anyways read on!

--------------------------------------------------------      -Astrid's P.O.V.-
'I'm considering a marriage between you and Snotlout,Astrid.Please understand that I just want you to be cared for after I pass away' my mother had pleaded,before I stormed off.

Of all things, it just had to be marriage.

Why?!Thor dammit.I'm a shield maiden,not a housewife!

And its my life,I make my own decisions.

Besides theres no way in hel I'm marrying Snotlout of all people.

I sigh.

However, it would benefit my family,after all he will be the next chief(unfortunately).

May the gods strike me down the day snotlout becomes chief.One thing for certain is that Berk won't survive long with Snotlout as chief.

...

DAMMIT ITS NOT FAIR!!!My axe sunk into a tree with a large thunk!

My anger left me immediately.

If only dad was here, I thought sadly.My father was always the one my family turned to,the one who kept us all supported,but he was killed by dragons a few weeks ago,during a search for the dragons nest.We all miss him.My mother,my sister and I still cry to this day whenever we think about him and the fact that he's,well,gone.Never to return.But at least he's now at Valhalla,at peace.

The days after my dad was killed, we had barely managed to pay for food,since my dad was the only one who worked in the family.

However,now my mom,Hala, is learning to become a healer,with Elder Gothi as her mentor.My little sister,Suta, is the one who keeps the house clean.And I usually help with chopping down trees for the village,earning us a decent amount of money.

We've managed to pull through,but my mother has been pressuring me to marry Snotlout,to make sure my sister and I are cared for ,after she passes away.

I know she worries about us,but I just wish she would understand that I dont even like Snotlout,even less learn to love him in the future(yuck!).

I sighed again before walking over to grab my a-Wait what?!

My axe that was stuck to a tree was not there!

"Dammit you two,I don't have time to deal with you mutton heads!"I yelled into the trees.This is most likely a prank by the twins, I thought angrily.

Dammit,they took my axe while I was deep in thought...but I didn't hear footsteps...or anything for that matter!

Strange.

I cursed inwardly,then what took-

SNAP!

-there!

To my left I saw a bush rustle before I saw a shadow take off!

"Hey!"I screamed,before taking off after the shadow.

--------------------------------------------------------

-Moments before(No ones P.O.V.)-

The dragons landed in the cove Toothless and Hiccup met.The same lake,the same tree,although it seems the scorch marks of Toothless's fire has faded over time.

Well,this certainly brings back many memories,Toothless thought.Flashbacks of him and Hiccup meeting-bonding- invaded his mind.

"Sharpshot,search for a kin-killer and lead him here."Skullcrusher ordered,causing Toothless to snap out of his slight reverie.

From atop of Toothless's head,Sharpshot puffed out his chest and raised his left paw over his nose,in a salute.With a loud,"aye sir!"he flew off into the trees.

"Thornado and I will search for wood."Skullcrusher stated."We need to make it seem as if he was taken by humans,and this-"he gestured to the cove with his horn"-is their camp.Toothless, get Hiccup on some soft grass.When Sharpshot comes back with the hu..kin- killer,we'll hide in the water."

Thornado and Toothless nodded in confirmation.

Thornado and Skullcrusher spread throughout the cove in search of large branches.

Toothless spotted large patch of grass and padded over to it.He gently laid down and let Hiccup slide slowly out of the saddle and onto the grass.He adjusted Hiccup so his hatchling was laying down comfortingly.

He gazed at his hatchlings state.Hiccup's face contained numerous small scars,and with that blood coated slash running from his left cheekbone to a little bit above his left eyebrow,the large slash that ran from his right hipbone to his left shoulder.Toothless felt himself get angrier and angrier with every scar he spotted on his hatchlings body.The large whip marks on his hatchling's stomach made him snarl under his breath.

There were no bruises on his hatchling's body,only whip marks.Dry blood was on his hatchling's skin,which was then licked gently by Toothless who made sure not to cause Hiccup more pain.

Toothless laid down sideways next to Hiccup and curled his tail around his hatchling,keeping him warm.

As for the other two dragons,they dragged large branches of wood near Hiccup and Toothless ,but far enough so the grass doesn't catch fire.Skullcrusher then spewed fire on the wood,causing it to catch fire.

Toothless turned his head to face the saddle and grabbed the satchel -that Skullcrusher had found earlier that morning-from the saddle on his back.He grabbed it by his teeth and placed it next to Hiccup's body.

The other two dragons then sat down aound the grass that Hiccup laid on.

Now all they had to do was wait for Sharpshot.

--------------------------------------------------------

-Present(with Sharpshot)-

The Terrible Terror could feel his heart beating a hundred beats per second as he fled towards the cove with the axe handle in his mouth.He quickened his pace hearing the human let out some curses and begining to follow him.

Who knew this female human could be so scary!

When he saw the human from his hiding spot in the tree,he assumed she was nice.

After all she didn't look intimidating at all.She wasn't built like a giant,unlike the other kin-killers he's seen.Although she did throw the axe she had into the tree rather angril-and oh crap she's catching up!

Sharpshot pumped his wings giving himself a little burst of speed.He swallowed a whimper when he heard her footsteps get in closer.

Luckily the cove was just up ahead.It would take the human female some time to figure out how to get in.

Sharpshot jumped from a log and into a hole that he found earlier,and into the cove.

He spotted the others,and quickly made his way over to them."The human is coming!We have to hide!"Sharpshot shrieked, after dropping the axe near the grass that Hiccup laid on.

The Skullcrusher and Thornado nodded before walking into the water.Sharpshot was about to follow but saw Toothless nudge Hiccup one last time before going into the water.Sharpshot quickly flew towards Hiccup,and landed near his head.

"Please get better Hiccup."Sharpshot whispered pleadingly,before jumping into the water,just as the human female entered the cove.