Chapter 2

"Amber are they gone? Are we safe?" A little girl in two pony tails asked.

"Yes Patsy, we're safe but before we get into anything else I would like to introduce you to our latest member Natalia, everyone introduce yourselves.

"I'm Patsy"

"Chloe"

"Paul"

"Salene"

"Dal"

"Zandra"

"Bray"

"And I'm Amber you of course already know Trudy, the people who went down into the sewers are Jack, Ryan and Lex"

"Welcome to the tribe" Salene smiled.

"And on that note, I think everyone should get to bed"

"But we're not tired!" The little ones explained.

"Well just close your eyes and sleep" Amber pushed Chloe, Patsy and Paul to their rooms. "Come with me I'll show you where you'll be staying" Amber led me to a room filled with Salene and the three children. "Unfortunately on such short notice of your arrival this is all I could sort out, but tomorrow I'll lend you some hands to help you move to a more private area if you want"

"Thanks Amber you've done so much for me" I smiled at her.

"No problem get some rest and we'll talk in the morning" I watched as Salene put the three youngsters to bed. She managed them so well, she was reading them a story but I was so tired I didn't even get to hear the 'Once Upon a Time'

"Natalia please!" Mother begged me to go with the man. Trudy was out at a party that I couldn't go to, I wish I went to her school instead. She wanted me to be safe, but I couldn't see a life without mum and dad, I was 14 for crying out loud.

"But Tru-"

"Please, I promise we will find you once this is all over!" Father tried to sooth me.

"Promise? You promise me! You can't promise me something like this!" A man with a thick white lab coat covering him from head to toe. He wore thick glass helmet over his face. I could see the front fog up with every breath he took. "You're letting them take me, your actually letting them take me!" I screamed and kicked out inyo nothing. Tears were running down my mother's face and it was obvious that father was trying to be strong for both of us.

"I love you!" Mum yelled over my ranting.

"Please!" I beggd as I was pushed into the a black van.

I woke panting and covered in cold sweat. I had been having those dreams for a while now. It never got old, I always woke up sweating and panting. I could just see the break of dawn rise over the mountains as I walked down the hallwag and into the café. I splashed cold water onto my face and allowed time for myself to coold down. After which I trotted back to the room to get dressed and ready for the day. I picked up my tight blue tanktop which was cut at the stomach, enough to show my belly button and my dark blue skinny jeans which were ripped in several places around my knees from all the use. When I made my way back to the café Amber was up already making progress with her day.

"Your up early, especially for someone who didn't hear the scream last night" Amber started.

"What?" I questioned taking a seat at a table

"The scream. Salene was in the kitchen making hot chocolate when she saw rats" Amber explained. I took a glance towards the kitchen. It was piled with dirty dishes and on top of them, rats.