Chapter 4

I woke up with the light already streaming in. Noises surrounded the mall. I jumped from my bed and darted up the stairs.

"Salene? What's going on?" I rubbed some of the sleep from my eyes.

"Pigs they're all pigs!" Salene yelled.

"What are you talking about?" Salene ripped a poster off the wall.

"Descent mother wanted" She scrunged it up furiously and through it along with a plate on the floor. "I'm doing my best!" She ran out of the room.

"Salene it's not about you, it's about-"

"What was that crash?" Salene shouldered past Bray. "Is she alright? " he asked me. I picked up the poster and showed. He looked at it in disgust.

"I'm going to get changed." He took the poster from my reach and I went back to the Antique shop to change.

Afterwards I walked into the kitchen and cleaned up the mess. It took a while especially when I had to make sure I picked up all the glass. I made Trudy half a tin of beans, and decided to give the other half to Bray.

"Trudy?" I knocked on the wall beside her. She glanced a look at me and and glared.

"What do you want!"

"I brought you some food" I walked in a showed her the plate.

'Not hungry!" She snapped.

"Well I'll leave it here in case you are later" I set the plate down next to her bed.

"Hey Trude" I turned round and saw Bray walk in. "Oh, Hey Nat, it's okay if I call you Nat right?" He asked.

"Yeah of course" I smiled. "I was just bringing Trudy some food, I brought some for you as well" I handed Bray the plate.

"Thank you" he said taking the beans and the fork.

"Trudy, I don't want us to be enemies, I don't even know what I've done to upset you-"  I said

"Just leave" Trudy sighed. I turned round and left.

"See ya Bray" I made my way to Amber's room. I needed fresh air. It was a short walk from Trudy to Amber's. I knocked before walking in.

"Amber?" I looked around the room.

"Natalia, hey what can I do for you?"

"I just came to tell you that I'm leaving the mall for a few hours I need to get out of this place I've been cooped up for to long" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Are you sure you should be doing that, maybe someone should go with you" Amber said.

"No, I need to be alone right now"

"Well okay, but be careful" I smiled in appreciation and walked out.

The air smelt so fresh, and so polluted at the same time. It was nice to get out of that mall though. It was just people arguing all the time. I had my green floor length jacket on, to keep the chilly wind at bay. I walked slowly letting my thoughts drift and my mind slide, I tried not to think about Trudy but It was hard no to. What would mum and dad think of their behaviour right now if they saw what was happening with Trudy. I personally think they'd be disappointed especially with the way she was treating everyone. The way she was treating me. I was so out of it, I didn't see what I was walking into. The Locust camp. It didn't take long for them to notice i was there.

"Get her!" They yelled. I ran for it, my heart was racing about a thousand times a minute and I could hear the fast pulse of my heart in my ears. I ran back the way I came, but it was to late when I realised I was leading them towards the mall. I stopped short in my tracks, I didn't know which way I should go, which way I should turn. It was to late as the Locos pounced on me. I was rolled over and punched again and again in the face.

"Stop!" Th locust's stepped away and formed a small path for someone.
"Who are you?" It was a girl, I could only see her tiny chestnut braids and black coat. I knew exactly who she was

Ebony

"Wait I remember you, you were a prisinor, I remember walking in on you every day, feeding you grub, standing over your weak worthless body!" She put a boot to my ribs and put more weight then I needed on them. "Finish her off boys, she's worthless"