Devil is Kind (7)

"Sacrifice the human the sea-devils want"

Jungkook feel like rats crawled up his spine hearing this, his shaky eyes roam around horrified to find that no one is straight up dismissing this suggestion, this outdated traditional barbarity.

"You must be joking" tone extremely judging he looks at her horrified "this type of stuff belongs nowhere either in past or present" jaw tense to avoid shouting uncivilly he pause for a moment eyes closed breathing full, opening sharp and with slow measured pace he continues "what you are saying is that we sacrifice a person based on some myths! Are you even real? "

Someway glad that at least no one is vocally taking her side but still his unsteady heart is quivering, he's rather afraid because people are desperate right now, they'll cling onto any hope thrown at them, loosing into craving similar to that of famished hyena panting with eyes so wide you might not even notice it's open salivating jaw closing over your neck.

She speaks patient and stern "Child, it's either one or everyone"

"Why do you think this will actually work?" he cries out desperate to change her mind, to not make people do this "Grandma, you are the oldest and supposed to be most rational amongst us then why?...Why are you suggesting this?"

She stays silent, her eyes unfocused, seemingly lost somewhere far before she parts her lips ever so slightly " I know child—" she exhales shakily, right hand clutching the fabric over her ribs as if in pain—"this seems cruel, but this is real. Our suffering and this curse of sea devils is real, the myths are real! " tone pained and eyes moist she shakes her head concluding this conversation.

He moans distressed unable to reason out when sudden iron fist of unkind pain throbs inside his skull, world spins and he falls on his knees, his vision blind only to come back again, he feel his mother hastily soothe his head with her shaky tender hands, totally unaware when and how she managed to get to his side but he's grateful. He sighs flaring his nose, when his hold on Miki unintentionally tightens, panicked his eyes blow open hearing a barely let out whimper, handing her carefully to mom he clutch the moist soil tensed, whimpering when the pain slowly starts to fade and he can make out the world better.

"See child, you can't even stand properly—don't resist." she presses softly before turning her back on him, making her way to the edge of the ground beholding the mighty ocean in its rage.

He shakes his head stubborn, groaning but people have already made their minds making their way to grandma—their hope, passing by him without a glance like corpses in search of soul.

His mother kneeling beside him hides her face in his neck, instinctively he holds her strong exhausted body in his arms and watch—watch defeated and wordlessly as people gather around Grandma listening and doing everything she asks for them. Preparing for the ritual.

His jaw clench. This is stupid, sacrifice of living being in name of some god's and myths. God don't need sacrifice of what they create. Bloody hell! It's as ridiculous as to sacrifice a child to their own mother to please and now sitting under dark clouds pouring relentless and ocean screaming, his fatigue caught mind chatters to let what's happening happen, maybe... maybe it will work. Right!...it might work. Maybe it's true! They'll live, his family will live, their homes won't destroy, they'll be safe then move out and then...then....they will... can forget about this all.

Headache numbs his judgement
under agony, his resolve whimpering under grinning desperation, face ghostly rigid his mind drown and gasps to survive, eyes unfocused he can't feel the moist ground or the heavy icy air, both so dull and deaden against the barely comparable weight of his family curled beside him—Hungry, tired, exhausted, wanting to live. His family precious to him more than any ocean or sky, any god's or devils.