Your Wrath & My Delicacy (13)

Lonely sniffles fill up the rancid silence as if proof of only life in dead coldness

Lonely sniffles fill up the rancid silence as if proof of only life in dead coldness. Jungkook feels deserted between them, eyes moist and sore red he search for the elderly who showed him some kindness, shared his grief for few moments but no matter how desperately he searches he can't find him in mass of faceless hooded folks making his throat ache for holding back his cries, the water is getting colder making him shiver or maybe it's just his weak body finally catching up to his scrambling mind, telling him that he's gonna collapse soon.

He's so vulnerable that the thought of being alone should be scary but this situation, with almost dozen soul in this room watching him, king's arms wrapped around his body he feels so miserable, so tired and wretched that he can't feel lonelier.

He don't even have the luxery to curl into himself and bawl for the weight of king's arm around his waist, his eyes fall shut and his trembling lips let out a weak sigh as another thought accompanies him with the burning ache of betrayal in his chest,

The king, Taehyung.

He feels foolish, extremely stupid for never knowing things could turn out this way even though he's well aware that there's no way anyone could have seen this coming. Jungkook's eyes open, redder than before as squeaky breathe escapes deep from his chest, defeat haunting his face as he wonders what will happen when the hooded folks would end their song, what's gonna be left of him. How much more are they gonna crush his soul.

King's tail is close, very close but not touching his submerged body, the water shifting with its weight like a phantom feeling and he dares not look back at the king, too afraid to try his luck, reluctant to see something more that'll haunt him later. His head hangs low at his uncuffed hands floating uselessly in front of him with all little scratches from that day on cliff, his eyes fixed over them to avoid seeing his reflection in dark of water, he'd rather not look at himself for he's ashamed for something he don't even know, something that makes him angry and revolted at himself more than anyone else here, makes him feel so terrible his whole body trembles.

The lullaby is heavy in air, long and loud, low and bone chilling like the heaviness of whale song harmonised in humanly vocals threading a haunting paradise, making it possible to think how it could be used as torture, the pitch is immaculate that gives an edge of uneasiness but the humanly vocals and random string of languages makes him crave that uneasiness, just a shift is all it's gonna take for this obsessive lullaby to turn into an entity of pain and danger to human ears, the frequency not suitable for us to bear but still forced to stay and suffer for its haunting magnificence.

Words are being exchanged between the king and them to keep proceeding with no one bothering to acknowledge how he's gone so silent, practically a dead weight in king's arm, trembling and blaming himself for all the things that he could remember and it makes him feel a bit better because blaming others makes him angry and sorrowful but he don't have that delicacy so he'll blame himself knowing he'll listen and acknowledge his screams and pointy fingers, he can't ignore the accusations so he'll blame himself to be heard, he don't want to but he can't stop.